Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Meditation and emotions

Can understand what you mean @utopia. Just don't bottle it up to much. Here if you need to talk or vent.

Love to compare note after meditation and compare notes. Won't get home till after 9.00pm tonight, I will try to catch up tonight or tomorrow morning before I go to work (extra hours for the next few day and taking them while in the offering).

Take care of you, try and relax a bit.

Will check on you through out the day.

Heart

@utopia, how are you going this arvo?

@Heart. I didn't go to meditation class tonight. I slept for 5 hours. The depression hasn't lifted - but the negative self talk isn't so loud.
Another big sleep tonight might help.
I have to travel to Melbourne tomorrow. I have a neurologist appointment - that I can't cancel.
But the city and crowds aren't a good mix when I'm in a depressive state. So I'll just have to take it easy tomorrow.
I hope your meditation went well tonight.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @utopia

Wow, you must have needed your sleep, did it help at all? Sorry that you're feeling low. Glad that the self talk has settled a little bit. I wish I could replace it with what i know about you... that you're amazing, kind and thoughtful and very strong and determined. 

I hope tomorrow's trip to Melbourne is easier than you think (maybe it'll be quieter than usual!)

take care,

lj

Great self care @utopia. I was thinking of you through class. Neurologist appointment: hope it all goes well for you towmorrow. I undertand about the city and crowds, not a fan myself. Breath, take it as slow as you can.

Your a good person and I know you have a few things on your mind at the moment. Talk when you want.

Take care of yourself and let me know how your appointment went.

Best wish and a restful night.

Good morning @utopia, How are you today? Wishing you well for today. Just remember to take it easy, breath, look around, take it slow and take your mind away where you can.

Thinking of you.

Hello @utopia, Just checking in with you to see how you are and how your appointment went today.

Did you remember to breath and try to take it easy?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @utopia

Hope today went ok, let us know how you are when you're up to it and if you want to,

lj

Just walked in the door and plugged my mobile in. Flat ph battery on the way home from Melbourne.
And yes @Heart - I breathed my way through the underground tunnels. I breathed my way up the escalator from hell. Straight up. Can't look down or up - too steep. Just have to lookat the bum of the pperson in front of you. Lol.
Have a follow up Neurologist appointment in 6 weeks. Before then I have to get 3 new MRI scans. So 2 more trips to Melbourne. Yay!!!
They asked so many questions and I kept having to say - I don't remember for a lot of them. Lol. And I thought my memory was getting better.
I think I'll have a big sleep tonight.
Hope you are well @Heart & @Former-Member.
Former-Member
Not applicable

oh dear about the MRI scans @utopia 😞 and the extra trips! Sigh! But it sounds like you did really well! Fingers crossed you do sleep really well tonight! 

Great to hear from you,

lj

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance