Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Meditation and emotions

@utopia, grandma was a very special person. When I was growing up I would call her my "Buddy".

We had a very special connection and yes I miss her dearly.

Yoga was today. I came out of there more relaxed and energised than the last two meditation classes.

Yes I will be going back and joining up. Would love to go tomorrow but I had better give the shoulder a rest, aching. Will feed the wooly and fethered ones and then sit with a hot pack on it. 

Feathered ones @Heart. Are we talking birds or chickens?

@utopia, We are talking all. Chickens, Budgies, and the King parrots that come and visit me every day.

How privileged you are @Heart

Yes I am @utopia, but the realism is that I live on 5 acres in a small semi rural town south west of Brisbane. We have not had decent rain for a while so the wild birds (King parrots) are looking for a free feed. The grass is crunching under foot, very brown and dusty and there is not a lot of natural feed out there for the birds and other wild life. They are now coming out looking for what they can get and that is fine by me. When the season is good and we have had rain the birds still come to visit but don't alway want to be fed.

When we first got the wooly ones(sheep) we were using the ride on and the tractor to slash the back paddock. I was on the ride on and the grass was so tall it was slapping me in the face. 

We now hand feed the sheep as the grass is not recovering enough. I know it is also that the sheep have hard feet and wear away the ground. 

But yes, love my piece of rural living and would not go back to the suburbs unless I had no choice.

I used to live in the south west country area of Brisbane in the early to mid '90's. I think when I got there it was already 8 or 10 years of drought. We used to watch the clouds - see thunderstorms & then watch them go around us and head towards the coast. So disheartening.
I live in country Victoria and moved here almost 6 years ago. In that short period we have had serious drought and floods and bushfires.
We truly are a land of such extremes. I hope rain comes your way soon. And that the wild animals have more people like you keeping an eye out for their needs.

Good morning @utopia, are you going to meditate tonight. If so I hope you can quieten the mind and relax the body well.Heart

@Heart. Yes I'm going to meditation tonight. Not sure how I will go - as my mood is flat. But that's probably more reason to attend.

@utopia, know the feeling. Therapist this arvo and meditation tonight. 

Anything you wanta talk about?

Sending you hugsHeart

Thanks but no thanks @Heart. Anything I'd write would be negative and angry. I tend to isolate when my mood is low.
But maybe after meditation we can compare notes & see how we feel.
I hope it goes well with your therapist
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance