Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Standing in a crowded room

a coping box sounds great @Queenie

wasabi paste! thats brave! does it help

@outlander it makes me think of nothing but the paste for a short time, so yes it works I think.

i wonder if @greenpea could maybe help with some ideas?

wow thats brave @Queenie im not a fan of hot and spicy things well not that hot anyway! would some lollies like warheads or something sour be helpful then?

Most likely @outlander , anything that can sharply bring you back into the moment will work.

might help then @Queenie

do you have much to do tomorrow?

@Queenie  yes i do hear unexplainable noises that is why i always have background noise of some sort like the tv or music or anything that i can use to tell myself it was just the tv or oh that must have been the fan. i am sorry you are feeling so unsuported at home. would it help to talk about what the voices have been saying

@Eden1919  do your voices ever tell you to harm yourself? Mine do.... a lot.

@Queenie  yes they have it is very uncomfortable they have also told me to hurt others but i have told them i would never no matter what they said/would do. mostly though they tell me they are going to hurt me or my loved ones. if it is bad i just tell them quietly under my breath to f off or if i am alone i just blast music or smething to try and get rid of them. i am lucky that mine are mostly whispers but rarely shouting. the thing i find hardest to ignore is when they put thouhgts into my head it literally feels like someone has put their brian inside yours and it doesnt sound like you super weird anyway that is very hard for me to ignore. i am not sure how to make any of it stop and it sucks that there are so little options to choose from but i guess lately to get through i have just been trying to surround myself with things that make me feel positive. by that i dont even mean people or activities or material things. for some reason i feel most at peace when i am outside in nature specifically somewhere cool with a strong breeze or underwater. something about the feel of soft grass and the sound of the trees and birds and when you close your eyes and take a deep breath of fresh air and feel the wind on your face it makes me feel like connected it is hard to describe. but i find the more time i spend indoors and around man made items i feel more crabby and snappy. anyway idk if this is helpful for you but if you find anything that makes you feel true peace then run to it with all that you have 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance