Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Standing in a crowded room

Another hoping it goes well too @Queenie. I don't think you'll sound like anything other someone who maybe could use some support.

From my experience and understanding, it's fairly easy to freak out a support worker with the current system (which is where from memory your support worker is funded through). It's maybe not so much a reflection of you or of the workers, but more of a system that isn't quite up to speed with how best to support people with psychosocial disability related needs.

Interested in hearing how you went if you feel up to sharing.

Thank you @CheerBear @The-red-centaur @Snowie @greenpea  for your kindness. I’ve just been to the doctor and she has signed me off working for two weeks. If I get much worse I may have to be admitted but at this stage she thinks I’m “just depressed”... as if that isn’t anything serious? My wife was there and did most of the talking thankfully. My gp did say I wasn’t fair on my support worker (he’s a psychology graduate) and I’ll admit it wasn’t.

Ive Caught myself speaking out loud to my voices but it can’t be a bad thing as it’s mostly me being defensive.

I'm glad you got on well at the gp @Queenie . Hopefully these two weeks off will help.

@Queenie  sending a big virtual hug.  i am glad you have some time off from work and hopefully you can get some rest. sorry things are so bad at the moment. 

thinking of you @Queenie Heart

Thank you @Eden1919 and @outlander for thinking of me. The teenagers are now here for the weekend so I'm being largely ignored. I had a talk earlier with my Mrs and she told me she can't be there for me, so apart from all of you, I'm tackling this alone. At the moment I'm blasting music because of my voices. @Eden1919 do you ever hear strange sounds you can't explain?

@Queenie thats not very supportive of your Mrs!
Im sorry your voices are loud and overbearing at the moment. does anything else help beside music?

not really @outlander , music is the best distraction. Sometimes even if it is four in the morning I'll have my headphones on blasting music until I fall asleep.

do you think chatting to maybe your psychologist about how to manage your voices or even starting a thread @Queenie to get some ideas on what might help? i dont get voices like others do so im not sure what might be helpful..

hey @outlander I have talked about my voices a little with my psychologist. We are slowly putting together a coping box. So far I have balloons in it and some soft fabric. I also have wasabi paste... all distraction stuff.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance