Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Yeah it was a more difficult session today but I am dealing with it better than I would have this time last year @Snowie  We didn't delve too deeply into the past but more acknowledged that there is a big history of trauma and that feeds into my self-doubt feelings. It is nice to be able to acknowledge that I am dealing with it all better though and despite me not feeling much better about myself there are glimpses of it there - and that is gold right now.

Hopefully you will find out about the start date for DBT soon. I am thinking this may be my last module but I haven't discussed that with my pdoc yet. I think as the weather begins to get colder and I get more into the school year then the Wednesdays will be rest days. I am thinking more about needing to do that extra work and also looking after myself with enough time to myself. It is my second round of DBT and I am using a lot of the skills without consciously thinking about them now - so it has been beneficial but it may also be time for me to finish with it too. I'll have a chat to my pdoc towards the end of this module.

It is great the fence is fixed - that tricky little Izzy hopefully stays in now. Cat went over the fence chasing another cat the other day and would only come back when I got food out for her. I had to climb the fence still to grab her as she couldn't get back herself - Toby of course was supervising so that made it harder to grab her. He goes running around the backyard when there is another cat out there so between the 2 of them not cats stay for long - very good guard dog/cat lol

I am glad you are dealing with it better than you would have in the past. It goes to show you how far you have come @Zoe7 . It is hard with that self doubt for us to think we are doing a good job and to see ourselves in that way, but you are progressing and that is all you can ask of yourself at the moment.

Yes it is @Snowie and you are progressing too Hon - just doing this 10 week course is something you wouldn't have been able to focus on last year - we are both moving forward ...they may be baby steps but steps nonetheless. Smiley Very Happy

Evening @Snowie 💕💕

Morning @Sans911 , logged off pretty early last night.

How are you going?

Hello my sweet sister. What a nice morning greeting to wake to. I've misplaced my glasses last night, so I'm not responsible for any typos. Thank goodness for autocorrect.

I'm doing a little better. I'm coming out of the funk I was in. Hopefully, I'm motivated enough this morning to unpack a bit more.

I've got my pdoc mid morning. We never really discuss much, so it won't be a long or difficult appt.

How are you doing today?

@Snowie

Hopefully you get some more umpacked today then @Sans911 

My pdoc doesn't seem to go for long either, just discuss meds more then anything deep. That's where my psych sessions are so much harder.

I am doing ok today. Just pottering around the house doing some washing and tidying up. The house looks a bit like a bomb hit it!

Sounds like a day of domestic bliss for both of us @Snowie! Errr... great!

I've got to go and shower, but hopefully I'll catch up with you later today if you're around.

Hey @Snowie  Did you know it was a year ago today that you started this thread - there have been so many ups and downs for you since then but over the last couple of months I have certainly seen a big difference in you. Hope you have had a good day - very much thinking of you tonight Hon Heart

hello and hugs @Zoe7 , @Snowie , @Sans911 , @outlander , @Faith-and-Hope 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance