Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Thanks @Zoe7 , no did not realise it was a year ago. There have been many ups and downs. Hopefully the ups keep going.

Had group today. We did work on acceptance and radical acceptance. Was interesting. 

Hope work was ok for you today.

Radical acceptance is a tricky one to get your head around @Snowie  - it was for me the first time but much easier the second time around. I don't think I was in the right headspace the first time I did it - it was my first module and I was struggling to even be there. It seems like you are in a much better place than I was when I started DBT - it does take time to get into it and feel comfortable enough to do it. It makes a big difference if the group is a good group and I have been really lucky to have that (the first couple of modules we had a couple of people that dominated but it got much easier when they left).

I hope the ups keep coming for you Hon - you have come so far already and I am so happy for the progress you have made. It is always lovely to hear from you and having your message here this afternoon was a lovely surprise. Hugs and hugs Hon - been missing you but you are always in my thoughts Heart

@Snowie sending lots of hugs and Heart

How are you holding up? @Snowie hows your day been?

My day has been ok. Had psych today and did some more exposure therapy.

H has had a bit of a meltdown. He doesn't think my psych is doing enough to help me and wants to know more about everything going on. Even though I know I am lucky to have his support, I am not ready to tell him everything. He has gone out for awhile to a friends house which I think he needs.

Still don't know the result of the MRI so got that to worry about too.

The pdoc made another med change on Monday. I am hoping that is the end of the med changes even though I still have some side effects.

For the first time in about 4 weeks I have had SH urges. Have been trying to distract myself today to try and keep them at bay.

Sorry, just unloaded everything thenSmiley Frustrated

How are you going hun?

Unload as much as you like @Snowie

That sounds like quite a mix of tough stuff!
Im sorry H had abit of a meltdown. I can imagine it would be hard for him to understand that youll go up and down and that exposure therapy takes time to do ( if only there was an overnight fix 😑)
Totally get not wanting to share the full extent with him as well. Its a tough spot hey.

Do you think maybe ringing your gp in the morning to see if the results are in and if they are make an appt to see him? It kinda sucks sometimes that gps generally dont call back about the results unless theres something wrong- that waiting game anxiety can be hard to manage.

Oh another med change? Hopefully this one will be the right dosage or at least have manageable side effects. Is it the side effects bothering you or more thay you feel they arent working?

4 weeks is amazing! Im so so proud of you!

The pdoc ordered the MRI so I might try and ring his rooms in the morning. I am hoping the no news is good news applies with the results. 

My meds are working, it is just having to put up with the side effects that is the difficult part. But I am learning to live with them. I know I can't go of my meds so it is just something I have to learn to live with.

I am hoping H has some time to cool down and come home in a better mood. I feel so torn between telling him everything and keeping some information to myself. I had the psych today and he wants to know what we discussed in the session. I don't feel comfortable but he doesn't seem to understand that.

@outlander 

I hope it means good news too @Snowie
Ringing tomorrow sounds like a good idea. They will at least tell you if the results are back or not.

Side effects 👎 hopefully with the change itll be better though.

Mm its a really tough place to be in. Its great that he cares but hard too. Is there anything is the session you can meantion to H? Maybe something like weve been talking about better ways to cope and working on stability?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance