Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

💜 @Snowie  thank you for letting us know Hon.  Sitting with you with a big hug and waiting to hear.

Hi @Snowie 

thinking of you and your D. 

wishing her well. Hope you can sleep tonight. Xxxxooo

@Snowie Sending both you and D all the love I can. Your family is the most important Hon so do not for one second think of us here - just try to get some sleep and be with D. Hugs and hugs and hugs to you both 💙💙💙

@Snowie Oh no! 

Quite understand why you cant be here.  You are where you need to be right now ... with your D. Praying she will be okay,  and that you are receiving the support you need.  🌷🌻

@Snowie  very sorry to hear 😞 Also that you had to miss your psych appt when you needed it 😞

You are an amazing mum. 

Sending wishes for your D and also for you to be able to cope OK... 💙

Sitting with you and sending you and D lots of tender hugs @Snowie 💖💖

💜❄️ @Snowie ….. xxx

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @NatureLover @Emelia8 @Zoe7 @BlueBay @outlander @Eve7  and anyone else around.

D still in hospital and still no answers. They have done blood tests and and ultrasound and still nothing. Next up is a CT scan or an operation to investigate what is happening. Lost it with the nurse and the doctors today. Day 5 of pain and still no closer to what is wrong. I realise they are doing their best but if they can't figure it out then get someone in that can or send her to another hospital. It breaks my heart to leave her every night and come home. She insists I don't stay the night. I know she is 16 but she is still my little girl and I hate leaving her their alone. If they don't give us answers tomorrow then I am going to demand she is transferred. Enough is enough.

Mentally I am drained. Am taking too many prn but don't know how else to get through this and through the days. I emailed my psych but she hasn't got back to me yet. Hopefully she can tomorrow. My thoughts are screaming at me yet I really don't know what to do. I SH last night, I just couldn't cope with it all. I need to be by her bedside. I feel like I am going to lose it and nothing can be done. How can I put my mental health first when this is happening to her. It is just too hard.

I hope you are alright. I just don't have the mental capacity to respond at the moment.

Hugs @Snowie ,

It sounds so frustrating to sit in that space of not-knowing. I hear you care very much for your daughter (as any mother would). As much as it is sounds 'wrong' to look after your own health, remember, you need to be well enough to support your daughter physically and mentally. 

Children sense tension and stress from adults. They intuitively know how worried and stressed you are. Hence, as a carer, be gentle with yourself; take the breaks you need; remember to breathe (the power of the breath); eat well; drink plenty of water; and sleep. These small measures can make a huge difference to how much you can help your daughter.

Looking forward to hearing how things go, and I also understand the need for offline time so you can find support for yourself.

Hugs, tyme

@Snowie I think this is one of those times that you don't put yourself first Hon. Your D needs you and although I can hear just how much this is impacting you, you will also fight for what your D needs. Whether she is 16 or 60, she will always be your girl so do what you need to do to get some answers and the help she needs. As for here, no need to give it a second thought. We will be thinking of you and sending you and D all the love and hope we have. The only job you have right now is with your daughter. Hugs and hugs and hugs sweetheart - with you in spirit and very much thinking of you 💙💙💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance