Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: having fun when you are over 50

doubt it but it has been bad this afternoon and now, feels like could cook egg on face lol way way too much salt yest plus not enough water plus ongoing issue plus barely walking lately @greenpea  think might go back to bed here

@TAB  please take care of yourself TABs going for a walk soon. Touch base later so that I know how you are going.

I've not  got medical help for way worse things @greenpea lol  yes think will be okay

@TAB  heading off on my walk talk laterx

Ok have gone back to bed @greenpea

@greenpea 

Hi Pea - I like the discussion - I didn't read all of it but here we are

I'm getting on in years but still don't feel over the hill - but I like the privacy of my own life, my space, my body, my time etc - and feel okay about it

I know a young bloke who would love it - he can want - I would feel really weird having it off with a young bloke wondering what the hell he was about when there were chicks about 

And I know an older guy and he is just not on my list - and he's not as old as some - not interested in them either - I would wonder what the hell what he was about when there are sheilas his age about

I guess I have reached a happy-place in my own life where I just don't need that - it's way down my list and I think it has a lot more to do with men wanting their own stuff and I have heard enough excuses in my life about so much the men in my life have put first

Let's not be vague - I like my own space, my own time, my own entertainment - whatever - and don't need to please anyone else

Blush - I am being too honest in this brand new year - oohh

Dec

I'm off to please myselfI'm off to please myself

@Owlunar  o0o0o0o0o0ooooo.... you have a younger man interested AND and older man. 😄 I had no idea Dec ...... you are the quiet one.,

@greenpea 

They are certainly in my life Pea - but I prefer the privacy of my own choices and I have found men to be incredibly bossy about so much

I guess I have been picky in my owld age too - I have been alone for  30 years and I like it - men tend to want too much of their own way - it's very hard to explain it too them though - 

It's hard to explain it to anyone but thinking about Heathcliffe and Cathy - I know both of them well - Healthcliffe was a bad boy but how do I describe Cathy - just a different sort of girl - actually she states her problem to Nelly - she has very few men to choose from - Bad Boy Healthcliffe or Placid, Inanimated Edgar - 

Isolation in the Yorkshire Moors could be bleak

OoOoOoOo - how could Cathy choose when there were so few men about - and hey - they were still so young

Dec

Golly - have found a site that asks and answers so many questions about Wuthering Heights - I think I will have to read some of this today

He knew what he wanted but she didn't -He knew what he wanted but she didn't -

@Owlunar  You are right there re not much to choose from for poor Cathy.  I think most women would choose bad boy with dark smoldering eyes over straight laced Edger. Plus they mirrored each other in many ways, Cathy and Heathcliffe. Brought out the worst in each other too. Such a powerful novel I remember being mesmerised by it when I was a teenager.

@greenpea 

Hi Pea

I have read Wuthering Heights many times - I really enjoy it and everytime I read it I see more - understand more and find yet more I don't understand

It does show that Heathcliffe and Cathy are mesmerize by each other - and Heathcliffe leaves then returns and find Cathy married to Edgar and "blames" Cathy - but in Victorian England there was very little a single woman could do to help herself and she needed a husband - oh dear - so few men about for her to even look at

But here's a thing that scholars have brought up for thought - that Mr Earnshaw brought Healthcliffe home with me when there would have been many lost and starving children in Liverpool at that time. Why Healthcliffe? Was Heathcliffe Mr Earnshaw's son? There is no answer to that questioh but it would explain something about Healthcliffe and Cathy's preoccupation with each other

She does say - or cry - to Nellie "I am Heathcliffe" - 

And yet - the Bronte Sisters remained single as far as I know - as teachers and writers - but life was hard for them - and they are all interesting women. But they lived on the edge - and how much they put into their writing - I admire all of them

I have been looking up the fires in Eastern Victoria on the Internet - sca-ry - I know the area up there well and it looks apocalyptic - 

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance