Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: All Things Sport...

@Former-Member Watching the test match and thinking of you Hon - hope you are doing the same and we are sharing these moments together but apart Heart

I know you aren't here right now @Former-Member but dropping in to this thread to let you know I am thinking of you. My Lions boys just could not get it done tonight - I am understandably very disappointed but also very proud of the season they have had. Have the test match on and hoping you are watching as well. Love to you Hon and hope you are back with us soon - I miss you Heart

@Former-Member Just saw your Raiders beat Melbourne - soooo happy for you Hon Smiley Very Happy

OMG @Former-Member What a massive win by my Eels - I never in my wildest dreams expected that - in fact I didn't actually think we would win today. We have both had good results this weekend so a little happiness for us both. The huge task of playing Melbourne next week now - that will be a completely different story. Missing you Hon Heart

More good news for you RE Liverpool Zo
@Zoe7
Top of the league up there with Swansea who lost overnight but are still on top. And we won 3-0 during the week against Kuwait. So qualifying for world cup is on the table!

@Former-Member

Yeah we are 5 points clear at the top currently @MDT but still a very long way to go. We have been in this position before and dropped too many winable games later in the season so lets see how it goes then.

Bugger about Swansea - but still on top so much like us hope they can hold down that position.

@Former-Member So lovely to see you Hon - really missed you Heart

My Eels play this afternoon but I am not holding out hope for a win against Melbourne - especially as it is in Melbourne. Even after last week's big win I have little confidence they can beat Melbourne - we don't have a good record against them at all.

I wish Geelong beat Richmond @Zoe7
They are my second team.
Oh well.
Hoping GWS win
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7  💕

I'm really sorry your Lions lost last week.  That Grub Greene from GWS was the difference between winning and losing on the day.  In my opinion he should not have been playing at all.  Should have been rubbed out by the judiciary the week before he finally was. But its done now and no going back.  I was happy to see Richmond win last night against Cats, and am now going to go with them to win the comp.  Much as I dislike Collingwood, I am actually going to go for them against GWS, coz I do not like GWS.  Perhaps mainly because of 'Grub' who wont actually be playing 👍 but hey, you cant go for two Sydney teams can you?  And Swans are my team.  Sooo .... Richmond to go all the way now.

Yes Zoe, my Raiders getting up against Melbourne Storm last weekend was my one bright light over the past 10 or 11 days since I was here last. Although there was a bit of luck involved right at the end, with a touch judge making a clear error by ruling the Storm player had gone into touch. He hadnt!  But there were also bad calls made against the Raiders in the first half, so I guess it evens out.  It was a great win, unexpected, but well deserved.

Hmmm, I dont know about the Eels chances against Storm ... Storm never lose two in a row, or so they say.  Raiders beat Storm at their home ground twice now in the past month, so it can be done.  If Eels are as good as last weekend, they will win.  I'm hoping they do.

Hi also @MDT @Ant7 @Gazza75 @Judi9877 @Shaz51  and others.

Sherry 

I am on Richmond all the way to win it this year @Former-Member @MDT They are my second team so hapy to see them make it to the final again. I am actually going for GWS because I do not ever go for Collingwood lol I understand abut Greene and agree he should not have been playing last week either Sherry. Disappointing to go down in the last minute of the game but we had our chances and just could not get it done - still a good season from my boys though.

I didn't see the decision last week in your NRL game but have heard about it. It doesn't necessarily come down to one decision though as you say - there is a whole game beforehand and in a close one every decision is crucial.

We certainly need to play as we did last week to have any chance today but I expect Melbourne to win. We also do not play consistently the same each week so with our record this year I expect a rather big loss today. Have my fingers crossed though that we can pull off an upset.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance