Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: All Things Sport...

More good news for the Aussies in the tennis this morning. Sam Stoser and her mixed doubles partner have won through to the semi finals. As has Ash Barty and her partner in the womens doubles. Disappointed that my fav mens player, Roger Federer, lost though.

And ... breaking news ... The Aussies are batting in the Ashes after winning the toss.

@Zoe7 @Gazza75 @Judi9877 @MDT @Ant7 

Sherry 😀

2/98 atm @Former-Member

Hopefully improves from here.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi all.  Unforutnately the cricket was affected by rain, wind and general bad Pommie weather!  Finished up 3 for after only 44 overs or something.  No play after tea.  But what was good to see was that Smithy has picked up where he left off.  And Marnus L did really well too.  Shame about our openers failing once again. 

I note that Sam Stosur and her Mixed Doubles partner are due to play in their semi final this morning from 9am.  Go Sam!  And Ash Barty and her Ladies Doubles partner play their semi final tomorrow morning around 6am.  It would be so nice to see two great Aussie women make it through to the finals.  Hope I havent put the mocker on them? 

@MDT @Zoe7 @Ant7 @Judi9877 @Gazza75 

Really pleased to hear the news of Stosur and Barty @Former-Member Haven't kept up with the tennis (or cricket) - my mind has certainly been elsewhere this week. Hope they can go all the way. They have both always been such great doubles players.

Not great about the cricket - Smith continues to impress though and was happy to see Laubuschagne keep hos place and do well also.

@Former-Member@Zoe7 , hopefully they can get a full day of play in today.  Fingers crossed Smith can keep piling on the runs and we can set a decent total.  Would be great to put the English and pressure and have them crumble like the in first innings last game.  I'm backing Starc to really bowl well and take some wickets.  Apparantly he went really well in the practice game they had.

I'm pretty nervous about my sharkies playing the tigers this weekend in the NRL.  Not sure we really deserve to play in the finals due to being so inconsitent.  Quite exciting that finals footy is in the air.  So much sport going on which is great 🙂

Hi @MDT @Judi9877 🙂

I'm looking forward to settling in tonight and watching the Essendon-West Coast game @Gazza75 @Former-Member @Judi9877 @MDT @Ant7  Going for WC - they should win at home but I also hope it is a good game.

@Zoe7  And everyone I am hoping the roosters win tonight as much as I don’t like them I have tipped them lol

We want you to stay on top of the tipping comp @Ant7 but I am on the Bunnies lol

@Zoe7  Lol fair enough good luck 😊

Go sharks.
🦈

Lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance