Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: How to cope when triggered by others on the forums.

Important correction of above post, 5th paragraph, 3rd line "not" feel ashamed (as opposed to feeling ashamed)

And 5th paragraph 5th line, "valid" experience (as opposed to error "not valid" - eyes aren't what they once were 😬)

Hi @Eden1919

I can understand and relate to your post. I have felt like that before. When I’m distressed and don’t get responses I do feel alone. I am also sad to see some posts don’t get answered. I have asked on several occasions to have my account deleted, but with a few days to think about it, normally don’t follow through.

When I look at the posts with 1000+ responses I personally don’t feel like there is an ‘in-crowd’ or popular members. I acknowledge that I have times of absences on the forum and that I only sometimes participate in community threads like ‘Friday night feast’. Main reason for me is that I get overwhelmed by the amount of conversations going on. But hence I don’t ‘meet’ other forum members on a regular base. I personally believe it is not intent that forum members react to some members more than others. Friendships have formed on the forum.

Yes we are supporting each other on the forum, but only to our own ability. When I’m ok, I try to look at the ‘something is not right’ section to scan for any posts that haven’t been answered and see if I can help. Or if there are posts that sound similar to my issues. But I personally cannot scan the forums regularly and it very much depends on my own emotional state. There is no bad intent from my side. It is all I can do.

I hope this helps and if you need me tag me in your post and I will answer you because you are important @Eden1919

Thankyou again everyone. i can understand that there are times people dont feel up to replying and my intention was not to make anyone feel that the burden was all on them to reply. i do agree with @Former-Member that a team approach may be best in this situation. i think that perhaps as i believe @Faith-and-Hope said that a different section for all new posts could be a good idea or if post that had been posted within a certain time frame eg. 2 weeks remained pinned at the top of which ever section of the forums they were in so they would not get missed as easily. 

i think everyone is coming up with great suggestions and i am pleased that everyone feels free to express themselves and their feelings/opinions on this thread. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance