Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: PTSD

I'm really happy for you @Jessie21 life will start to move in a new direction for you now.  Lets hope this new move will start to get things happening for you.  Wishing you all the best in that regard.  I had a friend with Alzheimers who died about 8 years ago.  Its hard supporting them along the way and seeing them decline at the same time.  I can only say that I tried to be compassionate and understanding but it was really difficult as her family of origin was conflictual.  By that I mean there was elder abuse involved.  There was nothing I could do to stop it.  I know it must be hard watching from the sidelines your friend getting worse but just try and remember her the way she used to be - the bright sprightly self she was and the happy times you shares together

Jessie21
Senior Contributor

Re: PTSD

@smiling-Geko. Thank you for your support my dear friend, I suppose what makes it so frustrating is my specialty is dementia care and support. My friend is a very strong person, fiercely private and independent. She never had any children, married and migrated to Australia, her husband is struggling. Because my friend was definitely the boss in the relationship. I finally was able to get his mobile and I said if you need help just ring. Unfortunately I have to step back because of my mental health and if I was to try to intervene I know I would not be successful and all I can do really is just ring and just be her friend. I am now telling her you are my best friend ever and I love you. I remember you telling me about positive self talk. Last night I happened to listen to John Stephenson Positive healing sleep meditation, on utube . I have woken up completely chilled out .
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance