Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

SmilingGecko
Senior Contributor

Re: PTSD

Hey @Jessie21 you sound more on top of things than you actually believe.  I think that move to an over 55's place may be the shift you need.  You never know unless you try.  BTW Catherine Carrigan a yoga teacher and intuitive healer did a blog post on healing trauma recently which I was interested in. 

https://catherinecarrigan.com/how-to-heal-from-trauma/

Most people here have their good days and bad days so never feel alone Jessie.  I am in your age group and understand your life challenges. You sound like a decent human being that endeavours to do the right thing.  Its OK to be overwhelmed at times and entitled to your feelings when things go awry.  So don't apologise - we are human and life on planet Earth is hard!

Anyway just focus on your new move. Your old life had to go. Imagine welcoming in a brand new start!  

Wishing you a good evening!

S.G. 🦎

Jessie21
Senior Contributor

I feel for you, finding a good therapist is not easy. Unfortunately there personality does appear to influence their support. It took me quite a while to find my psychiatrist who I can relate too and I trust. I sometimes feel he has more respect for me then I do myself. I do hope you find a good therapist that is client focused.
Jessie21
Senior Contributor

Thank you smiling _geko .  I am  excited about the move and I feel confident  my life will be much improved .  I  think my self esteem is pretty low because I did not expect I would have to deal with anymore bullies.   Unfortunately I am a bit of a problem solver and in this situation I appear to have made the situation worse .  I need to accept a lost cause and move on and enjoy my new life 🌹

hi @SmilingGecko ,

I believe the above message is for you.

@Jessie21 , feel free to add "@" in front of a person's name to tag them. That way, they will receive a notification.

Kindest, tyme

Jessie21
Senior Contributor

@smiling_geko I feel for you, finding a good therapist is not easy. Unfortunately there personality does appear to influence their support. It took me quite a while to find my psychiatrist who I can relate too and I trust. I sometimes feel he has more respect for me then I do myself. I do hope you find a good therapist that is client focused.
Jessie21
Senior Contributor

@tyme thank you for your help, sure on a learning curve 🌹

@Jessie21 I think the new move will be great for you luv, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. As for self esteem it always can be improved and any amount of self esteem is never enough.  Affirmations for self esteem in this regard said over and over can influence the subconscious and change your self belief.  I have used affirmations for all kinds of things and yes it works for self esteem issues!

An affirmation like "I love and approve of myself" said over and over again for 10 minutes a day will challenge your subconscious to accept a new program. It was just an old program put there by someone from childhood, a parent or teacher and the subconscious started believing it was true.  You will notice heavy resistance to accept this program your mind will fight with it.  Then it will finally accept and replace the old program with a new one. To change a habit roughly takes 21 days or more.  It depends, some people in the human potential movement says its much longer.

As for the bullies just walk away. Bullies always attack someone who they sense will not defend themselves and who have low self esteem. They sense it and then target people.  Doing the exercise above every day will enable you to become even more empowered 

jay2
Senior Contributor

To...tideis turning.... Thank you , but to me ,To @ or not to @ that is the Question.. Some times I add it Sometime I dont,if people want to answer me thats good, if they dont ,well either way. Not a major problem for me. We people with a Mental illness learn to live with whatever comes our way ..  jay2

Jessie21
Senior Contributor

@SmilingGecko  I like your idea about positive affirmations. Well it all happening we signed our contract for our new adventure. Everyone is so lovely at the complex so can’t wait until Monday week when we move in. I had a downer today as I rung my best friend yesterday she has dementia and getting worse she is in denial. We had such plans when I retired to spend time doing things we love, like movies and long lunches. I am so grateful I have been in her life long enough for her to remember. I love her so much, but when I try to arrange a day out she says she is sick and won’t go out. I have just been so busy caring for myself to unfortunately just rock up to her place and spend time with her. Just another layer of sadness to deal with 😓

Jessie21
Senior Contributor

@jay2 hello there hope you received my message. I am still trying to work out how to use the forum 🤔
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance