Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: my son is terrifying me tonight

Thanks for that @Sophia1 - that is very helpful for many people - I know about @greenpea but there are many people who read these forums without registering - it is easy to see how many threads are accessed

It would have helped me in the past but that time was a long time ago - this time 32 years ago my son was in Juvenile Detention and died there that July - my first thought was that it was all over but of course it was not - but his troubled life was and he is at peace

When I first joined a Tough Love Group we were warned that some of these troubled and addicted young people die and we had been members for 7 months when our son did - and until the end of my own life I will be grateful for the information and support and indeed love we received from parents like ourselves who were struggling with a person we loved so much at odds with the world he had to leave early

But thanks for giving me the chance to say this - it's the main reason I joined Sane Forums over 2 years now - each winter I run into a bad time - and it lasts until it runs out - 

There are many people with similar stories - I pray there can be a solution a little less painful - if only

Dec

@Owlunar@Sophia1@Zoe7 lovely people that you are being there for the pea greatly appreciated. My son came home and yes his bad voices were in charge he was angry, scared and sad and embarrassed (which is interesting as when I have been psychotic I have never been embarrassed but he was). I feel exhausted ... for him after reassurance from me is like nothing has happened ...

I have a plan it is rough but I will get out of the house and stay out in the car. Come back in the morning. I wont call the police unless it gets really bad as I just dont trust them ... the ambos maybe but they will call the police if he gets angry....

BTW I can hear his happy chirpy voice from his room talking to himself like nothing that ever happened....

I am pleased you have a plan if things escalate again - ity is not an ideal scenario but better to be in your car safe than at home and not @greenpea. Maybe pack a bag with some essentials that you can leave in your car if the time does come that you need to be there for safety  - a blanket or coat (or both), some water and a couple of snacks - just a few things to help get you through the night. 

Let's hope tonight is a less worrying night for you little pea - it sounds like your son is in a better mood right now and Toby and I have our paws and fingers crossed that it stays that way for you Heart

@greenpea

I hope you have a better night tonight and that your son will be okay.

Thinking of you xxx

Hi @greenpea

I really hope you have a peaceful night with your son tonight - it is a hard time for both of you

I understand you don't trust the police - for me it's different - the The Thin Blue Line in my family is so wide no one can find their way out - it started early in the last century and new generations are turning up more policemen - so I guess I do trust them

But they do need to control people at times and that can be very hard - and having seen some of this in my life I understand more than most I think

So I get it about your lack of trust - I do - but remember they will help at the worst of times and the best of times - they are their for help and this can sometimes be seen as an active form of protection - for you too

I am really hoping things stay quiet at your place tonight but still prepare a safe place in your car - whew - and take your phone to keep in touch

Dec

Hi @greenpea
Just popping in to say hi and ask how is your daughter and son. Thinking of you. Xxx

@BlueBay BlueBay thank you for your thoughts everything is calm. My daughter is still in hospital getting out hopefully mid week my son is away with his father so I am foot loose and fancy free so to speak :). How are you though? I know you have some troubles atm. Am thinking of you and hoping everything gets gets better for you soon. Lots of love greenpea xxx

@greenpea
I've been better. Home now from hospital. Vertigo and stomach pain as well as high blood pressure. It was 200/110. That's why the paramedics took me to hospital.
Things will improve with time and I need to not let myself get so stressed or anxious when I'm not physically well. Easier said than done though.
Glad to hear both your children are better. Do you are a free woman !! Lol enjoy 😊
Any plans for the weekend?
BB Xxoo

@BlueBay Yes a free woman I am lol 🙂 I plan to do nothing lol lay in bed watch some tv and read my book which I have been trying to read for along time now. I so hope that you get some rest and care now that you are out of hospital BlueBay xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance