Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

greenpea
Senior Contributor

my son is terrifying me tonight

Hi everyone my son is sh and is verbally abusing me. I am terrified he may accidently hurt me if he doesnt calm down. What on earth should I do??

I dont want to ring the cops and have them come down or the ambos .... I am just scared.

138 REPLIES 138

Re: my son is terrifying me tonight

@greenpeaI am sorry this is happening.

Is there something he does/use to distract himself or could he talk to someone on a helpline.

You need to keep safe too, you might not have a choice but to ring someone.

Am here with you 

I have given him a sleeping tablet thank god so am hoping that will knock him out and he will calm down with that. The last thing I want to have to do is to call the police ... my son would go ballistic. Thanks Snowie absolutely do not want to sleep tonite.

@greenpeaI know you don't want to hun, I jusst want you safe.

Hopefully that helps. Has he done this before and have you been able to calm him down?

I will stay here with you for now 

@Snowie yes he has and I have always or my daughter has called the ambos and police and he has gone to hospital but after the awful visit last time I promised I would never send him again. It was just so awful for everyone.  You see Snowie he is 7foot and when he gets angry he is very intimidating .... I can see my life flash before my eyes.

Thanks for sitting with me I really really appreciate it .

Sitting with you too @greenpea Smiley Sad

@Zoe7 thanks hunny this lil pea doesnt want to sleep tonite. Much appreciated.

ok @greenpea. But remember your son would feel awful if he did anything to you, so if your feel you cannot control him, ring for help please, even if that means leaving the house for you own safety.

This little flutterby doesn't want to either tonight @greenpea so you are in good company here Hon Heart

@Snowie@Zoe7 I dont know what I should do I am absolutely terrified. I am sitting here at my computer unable to move away.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance