Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: To hospital or not to hospital

Hi @Gazza75 ,

Sorry for a quick reply to your post. Just wanted to let you know that I am now in hospital - admitted yesterday.

Will try and post a proper reply at soe stage if I can. Just have to see how things go in here.

I hope you are doing ok.

Take care,

Doglover

Hi @Doglover ,

Thanks so much for the message and letting me know whats going on.  No worries on the follow up.  I hope you are holding up okay in the hospital and they are taking good care of you.  I know it can be tough normally for most of us, but, for you its going to be even more diffucult.   Sending you lots of prayers and good vibes.  Hang in there mate 🙂 Heart

Gazza

Hi @Gazza75 , 

Thanks fo your reply. Yes it is pretty tough going. I misss my husband tremendously, and my little dog too. 

I am still trying to settle in at the moment, finding it pretty tough. Still coming to terms with the fact that I'm in here I think. I guess it's pretty normal to really struggle in the early stages, especially for a first timer like me. And someone whi has had a fear of hospitals for the last 30 ears!

Food is a struggle due to my sensitivities. Been trying to see the dietician but to no avail. Subsisting on carrot, lettuce, cucumber, fruit, nuts and dates at the moment. Not ideal. Hopefully that will change next week after I get to see the dietician - sooner rather than later I hope.!

Anyway, I hope all is well with you Gazza.

Take care, 

Doglover

@Doglover, all is fine as can be with me. Really nice to hear from you. I am no fan of hospitals and have some understanding. Hopefully it will get a little easier for you. Fingers crossed they can help with your diet and everything else you need. Really praying you get some relief and help. Try and be patient and hang in there as best you can. Hope you can see your husband soon.

Take care 

Gaz

thinking of you @Doglover Heart
it can take some time to settle into hospital, thats perfectly ok. i hope you see the dietition soon so you can eat more then just some fruit veg and nuts.

Thanks @outlander , I do too! Thanks for thinking of me!

I hope all is well with u.

Best wishes,

Doglover

Hi @Doglover ,

Just doing a quick check in and letting you know I'm thinking about you.  I know you are doing it pretty hard right now, but, hang in there as best you can.  Remember it's not going to be forever, although some days may feel that way.  It should get a little easier as you adapt and time goes by.

Are you getting some better food now?  Has your husband been able to visit you frequently?  Are they going to start the wash out soon or are they waiting to transfer to you to another hospital?

Take care Heart

Hi @Doglover

Thought I'd reply here to your answer on the long rave thread.

I wouldn't look to much into the meeting they had alone with your husband, I think they do it with family members even when its not anything serious.  I'm sorry you don't feel the psych isn't really listening to about your condition and that he's not looking to change your meds to help you.

Will this be the same psych you will get if you go to another hospital? Do you know what kind of therapy he plans on doing?  Do you think a lower dosage would help or just make your anxiety higher?  It's such a horrible situation for you to be in DL.  I was really hoping they would be more open and supportive of you.

Keep working on your list and telling them what hell you are going through.  Maybe try and keep a 'mood diary' for yourself. this might help your list and hopefully see some progress.  I used to keep a basic one along with a sleep diary.  I know its hard for you with your condition, but, rest and sleep as much as you can so your mind is clear. 

I am doing okay.  My neck and shoulder has been sore for a few days.  I've been thinking about you a lot and praying for you.  Only other thing I can think of is about letting the nurses know how hard you are doing it and how vunerable you feel.  They can't change your meds, but, they can influence the doctors decisions. 

Take care Heart

Hi @Gazza75 , Apologise in advance if this is a short reply compared to your post, don;t have a lot in me at the moment. 

Hubby met wth psych who basically said a lot of my symptoms are psychosomatic and I just need intensive thereapy. My symptoms are as much physical as they are mental, and my symptoms have got so much worse as well as new symptoms developed since i've been in here. 

Nott really an option to go into another hospital, my husband wouldn't be supportive of it, and this is the pdoc and hospital my pdoc who I saw before hospital recommended. 

He doesn't plan on doing any sort of therapy. He just said I need it,but there is no opportunity for it while in here. 

I am reducing off

short term anxiety meds that I have been on long term, so they are being reduced every 3 dys. I am on other meds as well which have been increased but they aren't helping at all. My symptoms are just torture, more torturous than bwfore I came in here. 

Unfortunately my mind is anythiing bu clear and I can't sleep without a whole stack of meds. As I've mentioned in the past, I think part of the problem is the non active ingredients in the meds that  i am sensitive too but of course the medical people don;t put any credence in that. Its all in my head as far as they are concerned. 

I took your advice and let the nurse know how bad I am feeling and what some of my symptoms are. She just said there wasn't really anything they could do, which I understand, they can only do what the doctor dictates, 

I'm sorry your neck an shoulders have been really sore - mine have too. The longer this goes on, the worse my neck and shoulders get. I hope yours improves soon.

Thanks so much for thinking of me and praing for me, I really appreciate it. Are you a Christian? Probably a silly question, if you are praying for me then you no doubt are.

Thanks again Gazza, I really appreciate your support and the fact that you are prayng for me. 

I hope you are doing well apart fom the neck and shoulders. 

Take care Gazza.

Doglover 

mosaic.jpg

@Doglover 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance