Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Zoe7

I had a severe back injury not long after starting my nursing career. I tore a muscle deep in my back that connected the spine to the hip. Although our injuries are different, I understand somewhat of the pain you're in. It used to take me 30-45 minutes to roll over during the night & over an hour to get up in the morning. Every move I made, even being careful was agony. I'm pretty good now if I take care of myself, but if I get a flare I can barely walk for days.

I know you're taking care of yourself, just be patient. The hydrotherapy can really help you.Do everything you can to get better, and hopefully in time, your pain and discomfort will be gone forever.

Thank you @Sans911 I know it is not a quick fix and it is a long term issue that I need to learn to manage. I know some of what is holding me back in going to the pool on my own is the potential for running into someone that I don't particularly have fond memories of. I have looked into a couple of other pools but the fees are just too high for me or they are larger pools with too many people. I think the cold weather is also contributing to my lack of motivation to go - but the main stumbling block is knowing that person will be there!

I can do some of the exercises at home to help with strengthening my muscles but that also brings with it more pain. As you would know - sometimes it needs to get worse to start getting better.

@Zoe7 seems like it might be a good thing to do, non weightbearing is always easier. 

Am going to log off now and say goodnight. Cannot keep my eyelids open 😴😴

Goodnight my sweet @Snowie Sweet dreams Hon Heart

Goodnight my sweet sister @Snowie

goodnight @Snowie Heart

Hey @Snowie are you all organised to go home? How are you feeling about that today?

@outlander@Zoe7@Sans911@Faith-and-Hope

Home now from hosptial. Meds all changed. Anixiety up high but expected that.

Am doing ok atm.

Hope you are all okish 

Sitting here with you @Snowie

Anxiety will settle down in a while. Reach out here if you need help; I'm here all day

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance