Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Back at work

Sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you so much for all of your responses it really does touch my heart that there are so many beautiful caring people out there. 

I thought I was handling things well till I got into Monday afternoon to get a phone all from my manager saying I can no longer work alone with one of the clients due to some complaints that have come through (obviously bullies have made up false stories about me to a clients family) I was shocked as I know I have done nothing wrong. The manger said the complaints are totally ridiculous and she is doing this for my own protection. She then went on to tell me that there has been a complaint from a staff member that I damaged their personal vehicle!!!!! I just started to cry as I would never do that to anyone and I was in total shock. She then went on to say virtually that I have too many good skills that I can't use at the house I am currently at and urged me to apply for a team leaders position.

this made me feel a little better that I was actually believed by magement and she said the people involved are going to be brought into the office for questioning.

i also got an early induction at my new unit yesterday. Staff seem nice but I am not used to not knowing what to do I feel a bit useless and it keeps coming up in my mind about what these people have done I would never even think of doing the things they say I have. I just wonder what I did to make people hate me so much.

thank you again everyone for your advice each and everyone of you has helped so much

I just wonder what I did to make people hate me so much.

Try to keep in mind that the kind of people who make up vicious job destroying lies about others are not likely to be holding out for reasonable provokation before doing so. Don't waste your energy trying to ascribe reason to fundamentally unreasonable behaviour. Some people are just a$$hats.

Former-Member
Not applicable

agree with @chookmojo ... there are just some people we will never really understand.. 

Its already Thursday!! Not long to go now with these people! i hope you are managing ok today and things are going ok.

LJ

Some people use any excuse to play power games .. putting all their frustrations into situation .. it may not be completely about you, even if you are the scapegoat .. you are moving on ..

Thanks everyone! Three days to go!!! Haha I am really happy this is all coming to an end still a little upset that I have to leave a job a loved for nearly 9 years but I guess change is good too.
I am very anxious about my new job as I have no idea of what the routines are, havnt met all the staff I just hope I fit in with the team and I am able to do my job. I am not used to being the newbie it may be a challenging few months but with determination I should be ok just that when I nervous at a new job my listening skills are not the best and I forget what people have told me. But scared but I will just have to get through it. After what has happened my self esteem isn't the best and I have lost a lot of confidence. Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance