Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Through One's Eyes

Hi @Zoe7 @Shaz51 ..... anyone else interested ....

Had my first real day at Art School today.  It started with an introduction to the course,receiving our timetables, receiving our student-subsidised art materials 🎉 and being assigned lockers and storage to keep them in.

We had a tour of the studios to see where we will be working, and found the coffee shop 💕

Next was a talk about workplace safety and being issued the guidelines.

After stopping for lunch 😋 we were introduced to our Art Studies teacher.  They are teaching art by dividing it into subject topics rather than by a timeline of art history, and we are to develop projects from the materials presented.

The other people in the course seem nice.  We chatted a little,  it there wasn’t a lot of time for it between everything else we were doing.  I managed to name-label everything in the art materials before putting it away.  It was good to get that out of the way there, and not have to bring much home .....

I did, however, bring home the Visual diary they gave us ..... some fool provided me with chalk pastels and a visual diary ..... c’mon ..... that wasn’t going to see the day out without something in it ..... lol ..... 😂

I presently have a huge smile from ear to ear @Faith-and-Hope ...and maybe just a tear or two in my eyes because of how excited you sound Smiley Very Happy

...and seriously - pastels and a visual diary - that DEFINITELY wasn't going to last long at all ...so happy for you Hon Heart

Thank you @Zoe7.

It is feeling like my home-away-from-home from Day 1 .....

Could not be happier for you @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Very Happy

How many days a week are you there?

Four, but the fifth will be a study day anyway ....

Don’t worry, have study breaks and Internet 😁

@Zoe7

haha - you knew what I was thinking @Faith-and-Hope lol

I am actually more happy for you to be doing something you love and having a space you can do it with other like-minded people than I am concerned about myself here Hon. I told you last night - I will be ok - I am even working again on a return to work in some capacity this year - the rest of the time I will look out for you and when you 'pop up' it will be like a nice surprise lol

@Faith-and-Hope, it makes me soo happy to hear you are happy Smiley Very Happy

9601036D-1C2A-419D-8767-02DBCF433072.jpeg

This is one of Picasso’s early works @Zoe7 .... and there is a blue nude that is a personal favourite .... but assuming I can’t post it here.

319715BA-0CB2-4D23-A432-030C7F193F18.jpeg

I find this one very interesting .... and probably a first step away from the softness and light-engagement of the impressionist work above.  There is an intrigue and sense of balance to it .....

40C985DD-6054-4620-8488-25D0FEF46676.jpeg

This one I have cropped as it was semi-nude, but this is a further progression into cubism, but still appealing to me.

Will come back to these in the morning @Faith-and-Hope - look forward to seeing them Smiley Happy

I tend to like the 'softer' images @Faith-and-Hope - definitely more impressionism than cubism. I find the stronger lines and shapes less appealing but in saying that there are some abstract painters that I do like - especially Kadinsky - love the colour in his works.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance