Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

starting to very dislike summer up here now @eth@TAB 

each year seems to be getting hotter or is it me !!!!

autumn up here is still warm at 31 degrees during the day but at night it is 21  degrees Smiley LOL

Well I guess it's all relative @TAB  - much drier here than in the Top End.  Officially a temperate zone here, so I guess arid wasn't correct.  No matter 🙂

Yes @Shaz51   stats show it's reaching higher maximums across Australia every year.  Climate change is a thing. 

I need to do something offline for a while.  I'll be back later for sure.  

Yep, we live on the most Arid Continent on the planet (officially).

Most of Australia is either Desert, or semi-Arid.

Only the coastal fringe of the continent is (semi) fertile land.

We have the 2nd largest Desert in the world.

African Sahara Desert is slightly bigger than the Simpson Desert - but Africa has much more tropical Rainforest (& fertile land) than Australia does.

Adge

@Adge  you are a mine of information, a fountain of knowledge!

Wondering if anyone's around now?

I went and had soup for lunch then a wash and watched Vera (english mystery) on tv and also had a lovely hot cross bun made by my sil.  Then a wee nap.

Discovered my first ever thread I started on here from September 2014 and read back through it.  It was really good to realise how much more stable I am now in terms of the bipolar 1.  And that I've learned a lot more about self-management and self-care since then.  It's called bipolar mania onset  if anyone is interested in that topic.

Amazing to think I've been on the forums (except for a few short breaks when I travelled and when I relocated here and had no computer for a couple of months) for 5 1/2 years!!  And it still benefits me as much as it always has.  Thanks to all who have been part of the journey.  There's a few of you I know have been here all that time too.  @Teej @Mazarita @Appleblossom @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope  and @Shaz51  I think.  If I've missed anyone you know who you are - give me a shout out sometime.

Thanks @eth I researched it all carefully, over several decades - mostly from books (not internet), then personal experience.

The same with plants - I learned from being asked tough questions by customers, in the retail nursery.

I used to be able to identify virtually any plant that I saw (Genus & species).

My plant ID skills are slipping terribly - from not working in Horticulture (past 8 years), & lack of on-going practice.

Adge

Hear you there re slipping knowledge @Adge   I trained as a herbalist in botanical medicine and also had an ethnobotanical market business for a few years and learned to identify a lot of native plants used for indigenous medicine  but these days ..... have to look things up and double check what I do remember and frequently what I don't.

Yes it's rather disconcerting, isn't it @eth?

To know that you used to know that (& were confident), yet don't know it anymore (or are not sure).

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance