Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

sounds like a fun day yesterday @Angels333 Heart

hello @eth@greenpea@MaddieM@Appleblossom 

Go you ! @eth  just back from shops here, catching up on posts

game sounds good @Angels333  good morning, try and take it easy

Nice memories @MaddieM .   Hi!

@Angels333  sounds like a really good way to spend an afternoon.

@greenpea   I cancelled all face to face supports 3 weeks ago (luckily before the new NDIS rule about 10 days notice or pay in full came in).  What I am having is just a 1 hr phone supports call from each of my 2 support workers once a week.  And if I really needed it they would be able to pick up groceries etc for me and bring them to me.  This is through Hireup so I still book them through there and that's how they get paid.  So much less hours of paid work for them.  Both of them are still doing in-home support for other clients who are in high risk category so not wanting to take any chances.  Have put seeing my coordinator of supports and my peer mentor and various groups I was going to all on hold for the time being (writing, tai chi, womens group, & etc).  Have been driving once and walking 3 times in as many weeks.  My last driving lesson (would have been the 10th and final one) was cancelled by them.  When I got my monthly budget report from my plan manager I saw that there wasn't enough money left in that part of my budget for the last lesson anyway so it worked out well really. (It was $436 per hour with a mh OT instructor coming out of CB social and community participation).   Apparently NDIS has changed the rules during the covid time so that you can now flex funds between core and CB.     Ok I'm rambling!!

A bit of cabin fever at times, that's for sure, but better safe than sorry.

Hi to you too @TAB 

been busy unpacking, washing, washing hands, eating, feeling heat even tho not hot yet (?) just reading as much as anything @eth 

hello and welcome @NatureLover 

come and meet some wonderful members @TAB@eth@Angels333@greenpea@MaddieM 

Hi @Shaz51   hope today is an easier day for you xx

@TAB   our sun is shining, but the breeze is strong and very cool - my cabin hasn't warmed up yet this morning.  But it is getting a good airing out with the side doors open.

yeah its only going to be mid 30s here just not used to it anymore this year telling myself @eth 

Yeah I don't think I cope well with mid 30s anymore either @TAB .  In Darwin I was totally acclimatised to it, but it was a much more humid heat, no where near as arid as here in the Hunter.  I'm quite attuned to the 4 seasons here now - in my 4th year already - time has flown since coming here in some ways.  The days drag but the weeks and months seem to go fast.

Hunter, arid? Lol @eth im used to Mediterranean weather or desert. Been to hunter more than a few times from Nelson Bay to Muswellbrook lol was tropical almost for me. Anyway im just sooking, worked a few days in sun month ago in 37deg lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance