Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Lonely

Hi @SpiderLady , I'm sorry you're struggling with a lot and you're so lonely. I understand.

I'll talk to you, if you like?

Heya @Former-Member, thanks. I am getting to that time of day where I feel to sore, too tired and too depressed to have an motivation or energy. But I'd love to talk sometime when we both are online and up for it. I love music, not a fanatic but would be interested to hear about your music likes and dislikes some time.
Former-Member
Not applicable

You're welcome. I really do understand the loneliness. It's just my parents and I, I don't have anyone to talk to. Just my Psychiatrist professional wise, who is great, I see him next week. Seeing a social worker next week a few days before him so I hope that goes ok. Had a bad experience with a rude MH Nurse like I have with others face to face and online. I was bullied here so left for a few months.

Yeah you can reach out to me anytime if you like. I listen to rock and metal, I made a list of bands I like which I'll tag you in later, going to get dinner soon. @SpiderLady 

Former-Member
Not applicable

20210225-110029_1-01.jpeg

On another thread tonight @Adge  said: 

"A Major Charity came knocking (twice in 30 minutes) - They told me how they phone their Elderly Clients daily, to check-in on them. If the person does not answer their phone, the Charity people go around to visit & check on them in person.

I tried to tell them how no-one phones me, not even once a week - To check on me, no one visits me either. I am more isolated than their Elderly Clients are.

I could do with their Services, although I'm not old enough to qualify.

The Charity people (both of them), totally ignored my telling them that no-one phones or visits me.

They did not want to know - They only wanted me to Give them $$ Money.

I am not earning enough to Pay my Weekly Bills..."

Hi @ Adge, sorry you feel this way. And that the 'charity' workers weren't interested in your plight. I often feel the same when I see the services easily handed to aged care and disability...saving us to fall through the cracks because... I remember cleaning people's hoses when you exhausted to keep my own to the standard there's was before I did it. 

And  that frustrating inep NBN landline / internet drops out leaving you feeling cut off completely, a major trigger for us. 

I find I have to work hard at maintaining connections as they're dropping off fast. Do you have any old friends you can reconnect with?

I don't even answer my front door anymore because only two ppl ever come visit and they'd tx first. In the beginning I did but hate being rude to the takers who just want to make a difference in the world... so it's better that I'm not home. If it wasn't for church friends (with similar values) that I've made over the years and maintained... I'm lucky I have a son, even though he lives 's2hrs away and flat out busy with work. But lately, I don't wanna TALK on the phone anymore. Never thought I'd ever say that. I just don't like the sound of my own voice anymore, for years it's been like a runaway motor machine with failing brakes, desperate to be heard, dribbling on about the current emotional focus just under the surface, desperate to drag it out to keep whatever poor captive I may have to relieve the loneliness. Now. I think it's a sin to have been so self absorbed, even for those rare phone calls. I FINALLY realise how people don't need or want the barrage. Now I understand, I can't stand it anymore either. Only God can truly understand, and handle my distress, people's  have full lives, fears, and serious limitations. Money can't buy true compassion, it has to come from the heart. 

Sorry,  rambling again

Just wanted to let you know I hear your silent protest against the pain of loneliness. Your situation is different but i 'get it' the same most days. At least we have these online forums when our gadgets work. Keep talking here at least. You have a lot of friendz here Adge 🍀🍂🍃🍁🍃🍂🍀

Adge
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Former-Member Much appreciated.

No I don't have any old friends, who I can reconnect with - except one long-distance friend (via phone), & relatives in NSW.

I need to somehow work harder at developing & maintaining new connections here (WA).

I can relate to your not answering your front door.

It's rare that anyone comes to my door - So when they do knock, I get a big shock (panic sort of).

I'm sorry your son is 2 hours away - That's a long way away (for me).

I know my local Church - I did not go there often enough, to make any connections.

Even after years of going to church weekly (years ago), I still did not make lasting connections.

No, money cannot buy true compassion - That's why friendships are so special & important.

Some Welfare Companionship Services help people a lot - Though it's not the same.

I hope you are having a Good (or at least okay) Day.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance