Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Lonely

Thankyou @NatureLover for the compliment of me being brave. I guess I am pretty brave and resilient in a lot of ways. I am still here after experiencing a lot of trauma. I don't feel so brave when I am sobbing over a kids movie that's supposed to be a happy and uplifting film though. I haven't had a look around on the forum much, I am new to forums and navigating through them can be a little confusing at times. I try not to sit at my computer too much, although when I do, time gets away. Anyway hope you have a good day. Oh and yes my state is changing the restrictions a bit this weekend. Not enough to change things for me yet though.

@SpiderLady yes, you are very brave to be here after a lot of trauma. I'm glad you're doing a bit better today 🙂 

I guess restrictions aren't being lifted enough to make a lot of difference yet. 

It sounds like you might like to cook, if you're making curried sausages? Unfortunately I'm a terrible cook, despite years of trying. But I love food - it's a dilemma! Are you a good cook?

Hi @SpiderLady,

Glad you're having a better day today. My day has been better as well. Yum, I love curried sausages.

Hugs are important!😊

I am happy to hear that you are having a better day too. I normally have a bad day when the weather is bad, not today though. It's freezing and windy and wet here today. I will share my curried sausages with you online and in spirit too @Purplerain. Have a good afternoon.

Hey @NatureLover, thankyou. No I don't like cooking at all and I only do the quickest and easiest meals. I can't claim to be a good cook when I just use all the cheat methods of simmer sauces etc. bought from the shops. I think the companies that make the sauces should get the credit if any of my meals taste good. Not putting myself down, just don't think I'm very adventurous in the kitchen. Most of the time I don't care about food, and would live on comfort foods if I could. I know that too much sugar makes me teary so I try to avoid excess in that department.

Hi @SpiderLady , yes, I just saw on your Cooking thread that you don't like cooking. But it's a great thread to start!

Do you have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) too? I struggle with depression and no motivation every cloudy day, even in summer. It sounds like you are the same?

I think that I may do, but noone has every actually told me that I do/ diagnosed me officially. But generally I do feel more depressed when the sun isn't around, especially for longer periods. And thanks @NatureLover. I just know how hard I find cooking and bothering to cook and eat sometimes, and guessed that there would be others who were the same. I like to help people in any way that I can, which isn't that much at the moment. Eating healthy meals helps with mental health as well, so I thought maybe someone might find that easy recipe helpful.

I'm sorry that it's likely you have SAD, @SpiderLady . It truly sucks to have. 

And I wanted to thank you for not having a realistic (or even an unrealistic) spider as your avatar. I'm very phobic. I've tried hard to work on it, but just the image out of the corner of my eye is enough to shock and frighten me.

I know that many people don't like spiders/ are frightened of spiders and that there are some who are phobic, so I chose another 8 legged creature. I'm sorry that you are phobic @ NatureLover
, Phobias suck!

Well thank you @SpiderLady , that's kind of you. and I don't know anyone who has a phobia about octopuses 😄

How are you this evening?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance