Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: It'sa Boy!!!

I have English and Northern Irish ancestors Tabby Cat so I am pretty British and I remember the marriage of the Queen and Prince Phillip clearly and saw them when they came to Australia after that - and she was beauiful in her sparkling clothes and I was really girly about the Prince - he was a good looking boy back then

We had their pictures on exercise books but had to cover them up with brown paperSmiley Indifferent

Dec

@TAB 

Well my mum was born in 1931 and her father who had a pretty good job died in the street of appendicitis when she was 3 as he couldn’t afford to go to dr despite having a good job. Anyway . Mum bought that stuff after she started working. She was smart and worked as some sort of book keeper and was really religious for some reason. @Owlunar

Well they are German , re lack of imagination re Saxe Coburg Gothas aka ‘Winddors’ lolo @Owlunar

@TAB 

Queen Victoria thought the Royal Family should be German - I think - but definitely found a lot of German princes to marry her girls too and even George V married May of Teck who had a strong German accent until she died before the Coronation of Elizabeth

Hells Bells - your dad died in the street from appendicitis - wow - things were tough - I was an accountant myself and earned good money but not as much as the men I worked with - pity about that - but I actually like the work and found it very interesting

I'm glad your mother did well

Dec

Former-Member
Not applicable

Back to the subject of names for the new tot, I reckon Harry and Meghan may continue down the non traditional line. Plus a tribute to Diana. Speculation about Aidan, an annogram of Diana. Or Spencer, her maiden surname. I like both.

@Owlunar @TAB @Ali11 @BlueBay @Queenie   Hopefully all will be revealed soon, inckuding some photos.

Sherry 

Aidan is a nice name and a great memory of Lady Diana @Former-Member 

it was mum's father with appendictis @Owlunar  and he was a clerk in the railways. that was a really good job in those days. it was 1934

yes re on topic @Former-Member sorry. Has anyone said Charles (Karl)  (its after Charlemagne ?) 

Hi @TAB 

We already have Charlotte (unfortunate child) so Charles already has his namesake

Dec

I guess so @Owlunar  ok How about Alexander Saxe Coburg Gotha lol he wont have a title well be a prince or anything apparently well guess has to be a prince just not prince of something

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance