Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hello @TAB haven't yet seen the diabetes educator but had to cut the diabetes med in half after speaking to the GP. It was pushing my blood glucose too low.  Have been following advice from experts and noticed my blood sugar was dropping after changing my diet.  I don't feel queezy anymore. Its not too high, not too low just right.

Got to learn how to use my blood glucose machine with diabetes educator however but you do feel the changes whether it goes up or down.  I'm looking to reverse my diagnosis with diet and exercise and I'm at this point allready where my dosage needs to be halved which is welcomed.  Walked 20 minutes today, that was all I could do, am terribly unfit but am going to get there eventually!

Sounds very positive @SmilingGecko ! 
there are programs around for diabetes where people reverse it thru changes in foods  and exercise. There is a guy who was on tv with that fast 800 Dr when he came to Australia. Cant remember his name. In NSW think. Running program for indigenous people. Some even reversed type1 eventually. I tried to get info to backdoor it but couldn't find anything. Prob should have just rung them and asked. There are other hospital run programs too. Keep at it 😎

Yeah based on how I'm going so far I reckon I could reverse it very quickly with consistency @TAB I notice @Judi9877 reversed hers.  I have been following a programme thats working for me.  I feel encouraged by our MI online community who want to better themselves, share advice and offer encouragement to eachother. Just got to lose weight somehow. Did the Crane Exercise this morning again! lol.  

That is very interesting with that fitness educator.  I just went to his site and checked out the people he cured of diabetes in under 7 days or 7 weeks after a lifetime of insulin!!!  He was also able to bring BP down <140 in people.  I noticed the same with me after watching some of their video testimonials. Yes its possible. Its happened to me in under two weeks. It all makes sense now and I can say YES this is doable as it happened to me! @TAB 

Anyway I would be interested to get some details. There are a few hints @SmilingGecko  but best to follow your medical professionals advice 😅⚠️🤦‍♂️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Jake @Jake63 how did the vacuuming go ? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @SmilingGecko so grateful for the weather today. A break from the cold. Hope you have enjoyed it.

Hello @Judi9877 , how has your day been today xx

Hi there @SmilingGecko . Thanks for the tag regarding reversing my type 2 diabetes. To be honest, I think I’ve been very lucky with my diabetes because I was in a stage of what’s known as ‘denialbetes’ where I didn’t really take care of myself or what I ate or drank, with no real exercise done since I’m not a fan of exercise. I haven’t really done much to reverse my diabetes so I don’t really know how it’s happened to be honest. I did lose some weight - and I did have a low iron count as well as trouble with my vitamin d being low - which I only found out when I had my psych ward admission in July this year for a medication review - but I do think I’ve put some weight back on now due to a new psych drug which coincidentally had something to do with me getting diabetes in the first place many years ago. 

I think If you pay attention to what your GP says and follow what your diabetes educator tells you, you should be fine. Also, try and get a podiatrist on board for your feet as diabetic neuropathy is an issue with nerves and sensations, especially your feet. Also, it may pay to get your eyes checked out as well along with an endocrinologist maybe as well. These are just ideas of people to have on your support team so feel free to check them out with your other support people.

Overall, I think I’ve been lucky with my diabetes reversal but also know it could come back so I’m trying to watch things overall. 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🌻

Good evening @Shaz51 and others. How has your day been? I’ve just been for a walk to the letterbox to mail my election voting papers and am now sitting down watching the 6pm news before the election results start coming in here in Victoria. I’m predicting a Labor win with people loving Dan Andrews and forgetting all about the 6 COVID-19 lockdowns that we encountered under his watch but the Liberal leader hasn’t put up much opposition so that’s unfortunate for the people of Victoria. That’s my opinion anyway! All I know is I’ll be knitting my blanket for my housemate whilst I watch the footage so I’ll be getting productive in the process!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance