Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

It's a garden themed puzzle @Zoe7.  So many pieces looked the same she found it a bit confusing.

Not sure I will be up to doing the Photoshop tonight.  My idea hasn't formulated properly yet, and I am feeling dozy, probably not inclined to push myself while I have until next Wednesday anyway, because I probably will be having to push myself later in the semester.

You're getting through things now @Zoe7 .... that's great.  Glad the headache has gone Hon.

That sounds like great self-care Hon - let it flow naturally later rather than pushing it now ...and you have nearly a week to get it done so plenty of time. 

I can imagine a garden theme would be difficult - especially for D2 - but great she loves doing puzzles too - it is good for both her spatial awareness and concentration levels @Faith-and-Hope 

I have managed to take the bins out, washed the rubbish bin, done the washing up, cut around Toby's ears and trimmed his ears ...his ears were nearly touching the ground lol I had made his bed and picked up his toys too but the little bugger has made a mess of them again - done his mad dash around the house and is now stretched out on the doona on the couch ...gotta love that little fella though - it was super cute watching him play with his squeaky toy on his bed 🐶

Yes it is great the headache has gone - it was really getting me down even further. My stomach was not good for a while but that has settled too - thank goodness.

So glad your stomach has settled as well @Zoe7 ..... 💕

Give Toby a scruff for me please.

I will Hon and give Nelly a cuddle from me too @Faith-and-Hope 😺

I have been filing things in the filing cabinet so been able to give Cat some pats. The filing cabinets are in her room with her big bed on top so she has been purring away while I work. Tobes has been helping me too but leaving Cat alone - he knows that is her room and he is only allowed in with me. I often find him sitting at the gate watching her so that is cute too. He is really protective of her when he isn't trying to play with her or getting jealous that she is getting all the attention ...spoilt much!!! lol

😏 @Zoe7  .... I am picturing that.

I have come to bed, but Nelly is still curled up on the lounge inside for now.  She will trill to announce her presence when she comes back here, which I am expecting to be any minute now.

Hoping things are okay for you @Former-Member 

It is late for Nelly's bedtime - she must be very settled in now to be sleeping on the lounge Heart

I really am so glad her found her Hon - she has been such a joy for you in amidst all the s2bx shite @Faith-and-Hope Kitten has been much the same way for my sister - after she lost her cat she was so sad for so long but Kitten has brought a new spark to her. He is terribly naughty but she loves him so much ...and he is super cuddly and does not worry about the dog at all. He is not so good yet with Toby - very cautious of him but Toby has to be where I am - especially when we are somewhere other than home. I still wish I had been able to have Kitten but having my sister love him as much as she does he is in the right place. 

What is on the agenda for tomorrow?

@Zoe7 

Just some information on essential oils for your ibs that might help if you're not aware already.

I've used a mix of lavender 2 drops to 1 drop of peppermint oil which can be massaged into the lower abdomen in anti-clockwise circle (this is the way peristalsis or movement of the bowels works) for about 5-10mins .

Peppermint Oil This aromatic oil helps with general digestive symptoms, mostly because it has anti-spasmodic (soothing) properties. It can also ease complaints like gas and bloating, says Dr. Armstrong. Peppermint can be sold as oil or as a supplement that you take orally. If using peppermint as a supplement, Armstrong says to be sure you choose enteric-coated capsules for best absorption. 

Basil Oil The essential oil derived from this delicious herb acts as a carminative, which means it can help ease gastric upset, potentially by calming intestinal spasms. Eating basil leaves or making basil tea may also have stomach-soothing benefits. 

Turmeric Oil You may know and use this spice, often enjoyed in Indian dishes, but turmeric can also be used as an essential oil. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which has been shown to reduce inflammation, a key factor in ulcerative colitis. A report published in September 2011 in the Indian Journal of Pharmacology found that oil of turmeric offers significant anti-inflammatory properties.

And apparently patchouli can help in repairing the gut lining. I would think it would be ingested but would need to put into a gelatin capsule first.

I got the information from this website but I also have over 20 years knowledge of aromatherapy & massage & have taken courses in both.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/ulcerative-colitis/treatment/can-aromatherapy-help-ease-ulcerative-co...

I use a lot of lavendar and patchouli oil already @Sans911 and eat a lot of basil and ginger but need to invest in some peppermint oil and tumeric oil and see how that goes too. Thanks for this info - anything that can help is welcomed Hon Smiley Very Happy

Getting things done gradually here and have slept on and off all day so going to stay up for as long as I can to get a lot sorted out. I have just had a provisional look at my taxes as well and I may actually get some back this year which will help no end. I will get my receipts, travel and expenses sorted tomorrow and then will be able to file it early this year. It is pretty easy this year with everything I need pre-filled already there 👍

I figured that you'd know a bit already @Zoe7. You're one smart cookie 🥠 plus most people with chronic conditions know what works best for them.

I'm glad there was something useful for you.

I've not done my taxes for 2 or 3 years. I figured with being on welfare I wouldn't need to. But I continued to pay my nurses fees, which are claimable plus some programs that I bought for university and computer repairs. So I'm going to look into doing mine this year which hopefully will get me a little bonus.

I love chatting with you or others this time of night when the world is still and quite as are the forums. But I'm aware you have a lot to do. Would you like to left alone?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance