Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member I have managed around 5 hours sleep with napping this morning. Unfortunately I cannot shift this damn headache and still feeling unwell so no work getting done so far. I have managed to eat some dry biscuits so that is a bonus - going to steam some veggies later and see how I go with them. Feeling really frustrated and quite stressed with it all - no doubt that is adding to me not feeling well so trying really hard to control those feelings. Super sucks rght now though Smiley Sad

Sending you both (and anyone else passing through) some love and light for today Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Doing doing so great but keeping my head above water. Thanks for asking. I hope you are well. @Faith-and-Hope 

Hugs incoming @Zoe7 ..... I am sorry to hear you are still feeling so unwell, but reducing the worry and stress reaction as much as you can sounds like it will help.

Keep looking after you ..... 🌷🦋

If keeping your head above water is your goal for the day @Former-Member .... well, you're doing it ❣️  Go you ..... gently, gently.

Just fell aleep again @Faith-and-Hope - very much needed but would much prefer it to be happenig at night time. Been too many triggers and nightmares lately and I don't feel I am coping with them too well. Physical and mental condition not too great for me presently and it is making it hard to get motivated to do any work or focus when I begin. I know it needs to be done - just need to get started today. I might give Tobes a haircut and then try to do the housework first, especially the vacuuming - I always feel a little better when that is done and that might give me some motivation to move onto the schoolwork. Just need to do it hey!!!!

Maybe break it down into smaller baby steps @Zoe7  ?  

Maybe address only one item, and once that is done, consider doing another one - even if there is one such item for each of the children in the class and it would ordinarily be approached as a unit to do the whole lot in one sitting ..... or divided in half.  Finding the smallest unit can help because it might appear ridiculously simple - too simple - to achieve, but doing 3 of them is 3 of them done, and in another hour you might feel up to doing 3 more, or 5, and two more an hour later ..... and then that is a block of 10 achieved and behind you.

Great advice as always @Faith-and-Hope I have sorted out some paper work I had piled in the kitchen - put most of it away - just need to file the rest and that job is done. I still have one box to go through which I will do next. I know a lot of what is in there is not needed right now so it can be left in the box and sorted later when I have more time. I also have some things I can throw in there to make some space for now and sort later as well. Once I have done that I will give Tobes his haircut, vacuum, clean out the car, take the bins out, feed the fur babies, get dinner and then get stuck into the work again. That is the plan - feeling a little better this afternoon but really conscious of not over doing it and falling back again.

How is your day going Hon?

Good for you @Zoe7  .... you're making headway.

I have taken it as a rest day here.  I haven't started the second Photoshop assignment yet.  I might get to that tonight.  There have been legals to see to.  I have also helped D2 with a puzzle she was working on.

I have pulled out the box I need to go through but yet to open it @Faith-and-Hope Tobes and Cat fed and I have been on the couch since. I will let Tobes sleep a bit longer before I wake him to cut his hair - only going to do around his face and eyes so he can see properly Smiley Tongue I can go through the box while he is sleeping though then tick off that job. I think it will be a long night but I am determined to get some things done while I am feeling a little better. Then maybe I can take some things into work tomorrow so I have more room to work on the rest.

It seems we will be both busy tonight with you working on your photoshop assignemnt too. I am glad you have taken some time out for yourself but a bugger you had legal things to deal with too. What is the puzzle of that D2 is working on?

@Faith-and-Hope I have given up on the footy tonight so thought I'd check in to see how your assignment is going. I have nearly finished sorting out the box - just need to put a few things away in the filing cabinet and wait for the batteries to recharge so I can label some more files. They were completely flat so it will take a few hours. I will be up for a while though - pain killers have gotten rid of the lingering headache tonight so going to work for as long as I can. I have some things recorded I can watch at the same time as working as there is a lot of sorting out to do before I can do reports.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance