Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

@Hope4me @CheerBear 

Funky teapot cosies look like they might be making a comeback .....

4DB87667-CAC8-4426-BD7C-0D715DEA8F1A.jpeg

B1B9416E-D1F7-40F2-ABAB-2E575423ABAF.jpeg

4DDA4126-6BDE-4470-A18E-19B07581CD59.jpeg

6EFA0897-56EA-495E-8334-5259D4EAF237.jpeg

DFCE5096-BDC7-413B-AF70-5F6977FB7B19.jpeg

Those teapot cosies looks lovely @Faith-and-Hope , my mum wants me to make one for her, but as im still learning, not able to create them yet.

Hi @CheerBear @Hope4me @outlander @Ali11 @BlueBay  I don't have the right colours to finish my blanket I've been doing, so in the mean time ive been making Hexagons and turn them into a blanket, tbis is what ive done so far.Doing the green ones right nowDoing the green ones right now

Don't know how to make them into a blanket yet, so will have to do some searching later on.

Looking forward to seeing your picture @saturnzoon 🙂 Are you using a pattern?

👋 @Hope4me. I wish I could take credit for the delicious colours of the was-to-be shawl but I used a variegated ball of yarn that changed colours itself. Thank you for your lovely comments though 🙂

Love your ideas of items that would sell. I don't think I'd do a market or sell my stuff because I think that as soon as I start making things for that reason I would lose the joy of it. I like making to give away though and making just because. Crochet would be one of my best and most used coping strategies. I often find it soothing, distracting, grounding etc (when I'm not getting so frustrated that I want to chop up whatever I'm working on 😆). Do you have a 'thing' that is your go-to?

Frogs sound awesome! I'm hearing crickets here tonight. Hope some rain came for you 😊

Oooh @Faith-and-Hope I looooove them 😁 On my bucket list since I found out about it from @eth (I think) is to enter something in the Alice Springs Beanie Festival one year. They have tea cosies too. So cool!

I have started playing with a new type of crochet where you work off no pattern and you create pieces (scrambles) as you go then join them together. I have a long way to go to get to being able to do it myself rather than following someone else's work, but I'm going to chip away at it. They describe it as painting with a hook. Thought of you when I read that 😊

Oh wow @saturnzoon - you've made so many! They're really bright and fun looking 🙂 Blankets made from hexagons look awesome!

Looking forward to seeing it grow and come together ❤

So funny you should say that @CheerBear ..... I am using crochet as soft sculpture, and going “off the beaten track” with it ..... didn’t know it was a “thing” tho ..... thought I was just being F&H with it 🤣

Cool @Faith-and-Hope and that is funny! Freeform crochet is what I'm looking at. F&H style sounds great too though 😉😆

Is this a shareable one? (Probably not I imagine but thought I'd ask)

Love it @saturnzoon 

there will most likely be a tutorial that will help you 

I love thst green 😊❤️

Probably not shareable @CheerBear , but the principle is finding the shape of the thing, and with a crocheting hook you are working in a small, flexible space all the time ..... unlike knitting, where you have to come down to using cable needles to work creatively in only a small section.  If you vary the size of the stitching you use (slip-stitch through to double-treble, and be prepared to jump around on the layer below, or stitch many stitches into the same hole, similar to the start of a granny square, you can shape the piece quite a lot.

I will look for a picture.  We might be talking about the same thing.

Yep, it’s called Freeform Crochet irl  @CheerBear 😏

Like this sort of thing -

8170244F-DA07-4251-BA46-B6F01E1D4A7E.jpeg

Haha I pinned that exact one today @Faith-and-Hope 🙂 You are awesome to be doing that off the top of your head! I'm not close ro ready for that yet.

I'll let my imagination make up what I can't see of yours in a pic. I think it looks awesome 😉🙂😊

Hope you're enjoying it!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance