Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

wow @CheerBear the wait was well worth it! love love love it! the colours are so pretty.can you zoom in on the border abit?

Thank you @BlueBay and @outlander 😊 I like the pop of the colours too.

@BlueBay I used what I think is the join-as-you-go method which I learned doesn't work at all if your squares aren't the same size, like mine. It was really, really annoying. I wonder if sewing yours together would work well?

@outlander I'll switch to desktop in a sec and post a pic of the border. Was thinking of you with yours when I did it wondering whether it could work if you were still thinking of putting one on your blanket 🙂

thanks @CheerBear
hmm im not to sure, i like it as it as but who knows i might change my mind!
ive started working on a cushion cover, i havent worked out how to sew the sides together but ill worry about that once the piece is long enough to fold over

Here it is @outlander . I think you'd call it a double V stitch maybe? I just did 2dc ch2 2dc in each gap between the clusters and it turned out like this. Way easier and quicker than a shell border I think 🙂

20138.jpg

just waiting for your pic @CheerBear
but it sounds like a double Vstitch to me (not sure if they have another term for it lol) vstiches work up heaps quickly though which is good

Thanks @saturnzoon and @CheerBear. Sadly no picture @outlander, but everyone's creations on this thread are incredible!  

well thats the perfect excuse to give it another go then isnt it @Ali11 😛

oh i can see your pic @cheerebar your stitches are so damn neat! im jealous
love the border, simple but nice. well done to you!

Hey @Hope4me and all 👋

I was hunting around my fancy schmancy yarns looking for something to play freeform crochet with (which I'm about to get stuck into) and I came across something I started that I wanted to share. It was going to be a shawl @Hope4me but the yarn has been discontinued and I will run out well before I could finish it. I thought of you when I found it after saying the other day that I hadn't really made any clothes. A shawl counts as clothes right? 😉

I'm about to unravel it (frog it) but will post this as I think it would have been pretty funky if I'd been able to keep going. 

2019858.jpg

Hope anyone crafting is enjoying it 😊🙂

You know @CheerBear; you have a real knack for colour matching! 🌈👍

Those deep purples and blues are striking! It's a shame you're frogging it. 🐸 (Is that the correct use of the term?) I'm really impressed by the seemingly complex stitch patterns too. My goodness it's lovely.

Are there any markets nearby you could run a stall from? I know things like teapot cosies are old fashioned, so keeping up with the times, mobile phone 'socks' you can hang around your neck or attach to your upper arm, are handy. (Gym, walking, housework etc) I had one years ago but phones got bigger.

And what about fashion ear muffs that cover earphones in Winter? Items like these would sell I reckon...just a thought.

A bit of unrelated interest: I can hear frogs outside which is unbelievably rare around here considering it's a residential area! Go figure!? I hope it's a sign of rain!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance