Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Awwwww - @Shaz51

What can I say - sometimes it gets so hard for you - how DO you deal with all of this

I know he has an MI which makes it hard but you are working for your mother actually - as her carer - so this makes it really confusing

There are times when I am really glad to be on my own

We have had bad weather with extremely heavy rain today - too windy to walk yesterday - and at 7.30 am it was dark enough to be the middle of the night - heavy cloud and during the afternoon - it was really dark again

Fun - how often there is someone or something else happening

Thinking of you Shaz

Dec

Hello @Sophia1, @PeppiPatty, @Former-Member, @Owlunar, @Faith-and-Hope, @Determined, @Former-Member, @Adge, @Former-Member, @Appleblossom, @Margot, @Former-Member, @Wenna

sending you all hugs for today HeartHeart

Today - it is ME

My cousin was up for a few days and everyday she went up to the hospital to give my mum legs and hands massages whih is lovely

went to mum`s for morning tea and she says she is missing the massages , I sai i will come and do them , ohh itis alright

she wants me to do things to help her but then she says no

if i go to do something she says leave that and have a cuppa with me

I have lots of different feelings going around -- it is crazy !!!

My SIL is looking afther MIL and just goes and does things -- ( maybe too much ) as MIL tells me all about her being treated like a child which shedoes not like but she won`t say anything

my mum is soo independent but she tells me want she wants help with but then she says no

That sounds totally confusing for you @Shaz51 Very mixed messages - yes help, no don't.

Frustrating & disheartening.

Sorry, I haven't got much to say to help.

I feel like I've been thrown out with the garbage (into the garbage bin) today.

Adge

❤️ @Shaz51 ....

Hugs @Adge 💕

It ain't easy getting old @Shaz51 I think I would fiercely hold onto any independence I had too.

Doesn't make it easy though for the ones caring as our loved ones refuse help even when we clearly see them losing their skills and sometimes their marbles too.

I'll be first in the queue for a massage if one is on offer 😀

Did someone say massage?

Yes please (me too) @Former-Member

I'm sure that @Shaz51 would like one.

It's good that your cousin was able to give Mum massages - a shame that you couldn't have one too.

Speaking of marbles, I've already lost most of mine - I don't have to wait till I'm old.

Adge

Just 4 U!Woman TongueWoman WinkHeart

@Adge

See the source image

See the source image

Edited: I add 2 picture!  🙂

@Shaz51 💕💕

hello @Adge @Shaz51 @Former-Member

I think that a few of us could put our hands up re losing marbles...

how many are we supposed to have to begin with?

then of course there are all of the different colours and sizes...

I remember when they were the all the fad ...before the sports cards took off...

the marbles had names ...colours...sizes...my boys were into that....there friends would come over with theirs and then the swaps would happen...

independence yes...I think that I am going to be extremely difficult....I am independent enough now...

nice that your mum preferred you to share a cup of tea with you though Shaz...she values your company...Cat HappyHeart

Haha, mothers can be confusing, and old people, I so relate @Shaz62, ambivalence personified! Its all part of surrendering control, ageing gracefully, accepting reality yet fiercely fighting against it to the end. We encourage them to but they can't do it all anymore. Its constantly changing for them. My mum was like this a year before she died, anfvit got worse. Its so hard. Maybe just do a few important high energy output jobs of priety for her each time. But be sure yo do the 1:1 cup of tea first. She's probably lonely.
Think you got more going on than me - Shaz, YIKES! its good for me to watch ways how to cope.
Hang in there xox
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance