Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

What a diffiuclt situation to be in @Shaz51 I hope there's some room in amongst it all for you to get some care and support too (maybe even some massages!) 🐰

@Shaz51 @Margot@outlander @Former-Member @Sophia1 @Adge & all who need a HUG!Heart

Love Bella XO   🙂

Aw @Shaz51 - this is so hard for you - so confusing - when you could do with some TLC yourself

Actually I dread getting that old myself - old age is no place for sissies - the thought of being in aged-care gives me the willies actually and I have a best-by date sorted and hope I leave by then

That's before I get helpless

Anyway - is there anyway I can do cyber-massages - I did a year studying relaxation massage - and I practised on my fellow students as we all did - and my friends for free - there were too many relaxation masseurs coming out from that school to do it professionally - but

I am looking for an appropriate clipart thingies for massage - as a kind of ad - when am I not looking up clipart - let's see

After the massage you need something to get you back into shapeAfter the massage you need something to get you back into shape

Right - perfect

I'm thinking of you Shaz and hope you can get a break in here somewhere

Dec

@Shaz51 

I really do feel for you, my sister cares for my Mother (same age as yours) and I often get interstate calls from Sis venting her frustration. A friend calls my mum 'a tough old broad'. I try and see the funny side of these frustrations (as in the TV show 'Mother & Son') and we often end up having a giggle and this cheers Sis up. Whilst we have a laugh, I do not diminish in any way the challenges she faces and it is the same here on the forums, it can be so hard.

Even though she does not have a license, Mum is still adept at driving us up the wall, round the bend etc. I believe this to be a skill a lot of people have and not just senior citizens.

I'm sure at times it seems  like double trouble and not twice the love for you, particularly when Mr Shaz is being grumpy and you have two people to deal with, each with conflicting ideas.

Have you ever thought of adding juggling as one of your skills on your CV?

images (4).jpeg

PS - the govt carer gateway  website has some links for carers looking after their aging parents.

hello and thank you @Former-Member, @Owlunar, @Former-Member, @Margot, @Former-Member, @Adge, @Faith-and-Hope, @outlander, @Determined, @Former-Member, @Sophia1

adding juggling as one of your skills on your CV, ha ha yes everyday @Former-Member

I would love a massage Smiley Very Happy

well today we worked this morning , brought a cake and had morning tea with mum @Former-Member, , mum had done her washing , watered her plants and done a crossword puzzles , she looks a bit brighter today than yesterday

we have the afternoon off Smiley Very Happy

how is everyone today , sending you all hugs HeartHeart

Love it @Former-Member

I have wondered how things are going to go in the future living so close to my in laws. I am certain there will be some boundary settings from both sides in early days lol.

Having said that I realy love and appreciate my inlaws so dont expect any real issues.

They have been an enormous support for us over the years so dont mind at all returning the favor as they get older. 

Love it @Former-Member

I have wondered how things are going to go in the future living so close to my in laws. I am certain there will be some boundary settings from both sides in early days lol.

Having said that I realy love and appreciate my inlaws so don't expect any real issues.

They have been an enormous support for us over the years so dont mind at all returning the favor as they get older. 

@Shaz51  ^^^

LOL @Former-Member you have a clever way of putting things sometimes!

evening @Shaz51 im glad you had the afternoon off but sounds like a productive day

evening to everyone here too

raining here today @outlander, @Determined, @Former-Member, @Owlunar, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Adge, @Smc

today I cleaned mum`s house  , done the washing

then had to tke mum to hospital for her blood tests, found out she has an infection

this afternoon went to finish the accountant and then to centrelink

and then the cemist and back to mums before going home

I think i have a infection too , so now on ab`s until my appt next week

dietician rang to make a appt to see me

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance