Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Evie1
Senior Contributor

Tears

I had a really bad breakdown I probably cried for 3 horus and I cried hard and felt tears running down my face how to I control a break down can someone help me 

7 REPLIES 7
Fluttershy1
Senior Contributor

Re: Tears

Hey @Evie1

Do you have any coping strategies for breakdowns? 
if you do have you tried using them?

im around if you want to chat about it Smiley Happy

Evie1
Senior Contributor

@Fluttershy1  I have no support 

@Evie1 , sorry to read your post about crying for 3 hours last night. How are you feeling today?

Hey @Evie1 

you have support here..... sit down... relax...: talk to us.... we are here to listen.... we want to help you .... you are not alone

Maggie
Community Elder

@Evie1  Sometimes , tears are the only words our pain has. I know it’s hard and exhausting. Just letting you know I really understand. 💞💞💞

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yup, I definitely feel you. A year after marriage break down and I still get like this once or twice a week. It is scary wondering when things will get better but people keep saying it will with time. It feels like the grief is changing and getting worse the more time goes on.

@Evie1& @Former-Member  I can relate to breakdowns where the tears will not stop. When you feel like they are coming from your whole body not just your eyes. I don't know if either of you have the support of a good therapist but I've found having someone to talk with to be invaluable at times like this. When my constant tears have become so bad I have gone into hospital for awhile and this has allowed me the time I've needed to only be responsible for myself, to cry whenever I needed, to be supported and to heal. A hospital stay isn't for everyone I know but I hope that you both find ways that work for you to start healing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance