Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Missy5
New Contributor

New to forum

Hi, l have probably had high anxiety most of my life.  I have a very stressful job and have been studying part time.  I feel absolutely worthless at the moment.  I lost a baby 17 years ago at 26 weeks, l was very unwell.  My partner has tried to commit suicide 2 times about 7 years ago and was later diagnosed with Bi Polar, he was acute.  I felt very alone.  The road back from his mental illness has been hard. I saw a GP yesterday my K10 score was 35.  I am very hard on myself so if l do the wrong thing l wear myself down, l stop eating, sleeping, cannot focus.  I thought that l didn't have depression but maybe l do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New to forum

Hi @Missy5 and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that you have so much going on and that you feel so worthless at the moment.

Do you have any professional help such as a psychologist and/or psychiarist?

It is wonderful to hear that you are supporting your partner but you need to make sure you have support too.

It is great that you have seen a GP and that you are getting help through them.

Please keep reaching out for support. We hear you and are here to support you.

Hi @Missy5 

I just wanted to say welcome to the forums 😊

Thank you for sharing a little piece of your story with us.  

I’m sorry to hear that you feel ‘absolutely worthless.’ I just wondered (but only if you feel comfortable to share) can you identify what has happened for you to feel this way about yourself?

I’m also so sorry to hear about the devastating loss of your baby. I can’t imagine what you went through 17 years ago and what you still may be going through today.

Your experience of supporting a loved one who has a mental health issue sounds like a very overwhelming and lonely experience. It’s great that you’ve been able to reach out for some support. I’m new here myself, but just from the posts that I’ve read, everyone seems to be very compassionate and supportive which is sometimes just what you need when you feel so alone and things are so difficult.

I hope that you’ll continue to reach out for support …

Sending you hugs at this difficult time.

ShiningStar 😊

Hello @Missy5  and welcome to the forums

life definitely can be tough.... but you have made the first step by coming here and asking for help.... 

did your GP suggest anything to help you??? Counselors??? Psychologists??? medication???yoga??? meditation???  A score of 35 on the K10 is high enough to need help

hang in there.... try to rest ( easier said than done) try and take some time for you... relax.... and feel free to come back to the forums at anytime to chat... vent... or just sit 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance