Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Hi again @BlueBay 

You sound a lot better now - and I am glad you and D and A are going to a Wiggles concert - that will be fun. The Wiggles weren't around when my kids were young - they had Sesame Street and Play School - I don't know if they are still running

It's raining heavily here and I looked at the radar and I can see this is all over Victoria and down the Peninsula as well - we are getting all of Australia's rain again - really damp

Your dinner sounds great - mine smells wonderful - this is good because it's really dark here and it's not sunset yet - 

Enjoy your dinner - I am having meat-loaf with herbs, baked potato, pumpkin and carrot - 

Dec

Hi @Owlunar , sounds like your on top of everything there. 

The last flight I took was for work and I managed to miss the plane by an hour.  I was very lucky that they put me on the next available one and I didn't get there too late.  I was meant to be travelling with some of the bosses so it was a bit embarassing. 

It's quite a talent to be able to cook and measure like you do.  I usually for a recipe if its the first time I'm making something.  As for fish, you just have to slice them down the middle and take out the insides. There's not usually much in there and not as bad as you might think.  I used to catch a lot of fish when I was near the beach.  My diet now is mostly salmon. 

I tend to travel light now. My first overseas trip I took way to much stuff and it just got in the way and proved more trouble than it was worth.  I think we might have something innate in us that tells us where past the solstice, puts a little spring in our steps.

I'm glad your headache has moved on and you can enjoy the rest of your day in more comfort.  I need to get cracking in the kitchen myself !  Thanks for your kindnes and support.

Take care

Enjoy your dinner @Owlunar yours sounds nice. 

Yes its bucketing down here and dark. 

I love cooking too but haven’t had the motivation or energy to try new things. Slowly I’ll get back to cooking more. And actually it’s starting to be fun because A wants to help. She helped tonight with the flour.  She loves helping and I love it. I sometimes wish I was close to my grandmothers. One in particular who I’m named after could have passed on her Italian cooking. It’s a real shame. 

@BlueBay, Your dinner sounds yummy.  The concert should be a lot of fun for you and might be just what you need right now.  Front row tickets as well!  Have a good evening. 

thinking of you @Owlunar ❤❤

Re: can not download pictures  heres the thread with the pic uploading troubles. 

Sorry to hear you were triggered @Owlunar . It must be hard knowing this time of year is coming around again. 

Yes you are a strong woman.  I'm glad to see you practising self love,  by focusing on cooking and the fact you enjoy it. 

Sending you hugs.  ❤❤❤

Thanks for your help yesterday @utopia @outlander @Gazza75 @BlueBay @Former-Member 

This worked out well as the day went on and I feel okay today - a little tired that's all

Yes Utopia - I do believe in practising self-love - self-care - etc - and this time of year will most likely be open to triggers for the rest of my life - but that's okay - I have lived through all of this many times and I am a born survivor

Thinking in terms of self-love being loving oneself is a bit corny or something - maybe the term self-respect fits better in our day and age - it's not so much a feeling of self-satisfaction over the things I have achieved in my life but rather that what I have done is built self-esteem - 

We don't have any control over the way other people act toward us - we have a lot more control over the way we react toward them - and I have done things in the past I am sorry about but this is where forgiveness for ourselves starts - if we can forgive ourselves for "stuff"- we can learn to extend that to other people - and that helps us understand ourselves and stop giving ourselves a hard time about our mistakes

It does get easier as the years pass and if my life hadn't been marked or scarred with unhappiness I would not have taken the time to think about things and learn  widsom and to me - that makes it all worthwhile

But thanks everyone else - I really felt as though the trigger had set me up for a few weeks more grief work but all of you were here and it worked out better than I could have imagined

Thanks everyone

Dec

@Owlunar . I like the term,  self respect. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning to you @Owlunar 

I'm so glad to hear that you are back on the road to recovery and that your recent major trigger has not knocked you flat for too long.  You are doing great to be able to withstand the knocks and continue on as the born survivor that you are.  Kudo's to you.  Having a healthy self exteem is a very important and worthwhile possession to have in our armoury of self care and discovery.  So glad the trigger did not result in weeks of further grief for you.  Having much needed support such as here on the forums from obviously caring fellow members, means a lot and is indeed very helpful in encouraging our coping abilities.

Your cooking, by the way, sounds impressive from Saturday.  Should have you nicely set up for the week I reckon.  I hope today is an even better day for you.

Sherry 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance