Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Thanks @Lauz 

I'm so excited - after waking up feeling bleak and cold with back pain and tired as well on this winter morning in July - I have been mentioned in the Community Wrap for contributing a personal quote

#I am a complicated person - it's a wonderful thing to be - other people have told me this too and I regard it as a compliment#

Now that puts a better shine on the gloomy way I feel this morning - and why now - if anyone ever asks me before I die what adjective best describes me it will be

COMPLICATED

Can't post pictures atm - perhaps that's a good thing sometimes

Dec Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member wrote:

Good morning to you @Owlunar 

I'm so glad to hear that you are back on the road to recovery and that your recent major trigger has not knocked you flat for too long.  You are doing great to be able to withstand the knocks and continue on as the born survivor that you are.  Kudo's to you.  Having a healthy self exteem is a very important and worthwhile possession to have in our armoury of self care and discovery.  So glad the trigger did not result in weeks of further grief for you.  Having much needed support such as here on the forums from obviously caring fellow members, means a lot and is indeed very helpful in encouraging our coping abilities.

Your cooking, by the way, sounds impressive from Saturday.  Should have you nicely set up for the week I reckon.  I hope today is an even better day for you.

Sherry 💕

Thanks @Former-Member 

I often read your posts around the forum - I use my phone when I am waiting for the doctor - a really good way to pass the time and I can't use my phone to post but it keeps me up to date and I do admire the care that you put into posting for others and I know you have your own life full of stress and caring for your own pressing concerns - it means a lot to have receive such a thoughtful reply

The weather is really making it harder for me - I got up and turned the heaters onto high and went back to bed for a while - it's still really cold in my place - it always is in winter - this tends to pull my mood down esp at this time of year - and my back pain increases - it seems colder this year and my old injuries and arthritis and all letting me know about them - par for the course - 

One powerful thing I have learned is that while orthopaedic issues are painful and inconvenient there are many things that are far worse - I need to start sorting my stuff out for a few days in Queensland - so good to have booked all of that - and I also know that pottering around does get things down - 

And self-care is something we all need - I got my hair-cut last week - my old hairdresser did a rotten job and I had to let a bad hair cut grow out - so much better now - I had the feeling I looked as bad as the bleakies feel - not good - by happenstance I found a new hairdresser who did a fantastic job of fixing most of the damage and my hair is in a neat bob as it should be - and - she actually knows one of my grandsons - she went to school with him - and she knows his brothers as well - there are my daughter's step-children - what a co-incidence!

Some of the comments I have got from other people have given me more ideas for the thread I have running that needs some new thoughts - it's Self-Love and Self-Hatred - I have been thinking about that since I was very young - why did my little Sunday School students find the concept of self-love so hard - maybe we need different terminology - I think I will leave that until tomorrow because it really is time I got myself tidied up for the day - easy to just pull on yesterday's clothes and get on-line - good idea tooo - I feel ready for the day now even if it is nearly lunchtime

Thanks for your support Sherry - I am sure I am not the only person who has felt uplifted by your writing

Dec

Hi @Former-Member @utopia @outlander @Gazza75 @BlueBay 

I have cancelled my appointment with the psychologist at the pain clinic - I really feel as if I have peeled the proverbial onion skin back as far as I want to - I don't think there is any more I can learn about all of that and I admit that my triggers are my own problem - no one else's - and it's enough to know that the triggers are more about digging around in the past than the past itself

I really believe I have worked it all out - there might still be somethinng but there is always Life Line - which I find very helpful

I get very tired about all of this at this time of year - this year has been easier - and I have accepted the past - I can't change anything - as far as I am concerned it's better left alone - 

That's enough for now - I managed to work myself up making the phone call - I don't know why - it wasn't at all troublesome

I think I need to lie down and read for a while - that's always a good idea

Dec

Have a good rest @Owlunar .

I am glad you are able to call Life Line if you feel the need.  It's understandable you get tired around this time, no shame in that.  I wouldn't worry about the phone call, these things happen from time to time.  

Stay safe, thinking of you xoxo 🙂

So glad to hear that LifeLine really helps you. @Owlunar 

It's so important to have a service that you can talk to when crisis hits. 

Enjoy your book. 

Hi @Owlunar  I understand about peeling the layers off. I think I have a big onion with lots of layers!!!

its good that you can see there’s no point in continuing with your psychologist. Lifeline are amazing. I’ve used them many times over the years. 

Enjoy your rest ❤️

Hi @utopia hope you’re doing ok. ❤️

Hi @Gazza75 @Former-Member ❤️

lots of hugs my second mum @Owlunar HeartHeart

hello @BlueBay , @utopia , @Gazza75 xxx

Thanks @Shaz51 @BlueBay @utopia @Gazza75 

This has not been the best week ever - actually I think I am doing better considering I am in the count-down to the anniversary and yes - Life Line is a good service and I get a lot of help when I need it - and it has been useful once again

And having the support of the forum is wonderful - and opening up about this is different for me and that's working too

And I have made it through to Thursday without clipart - hard indeed for someone who hides their emotions under humour - or maybe the humour grows out of it - but here we are

I had a 24 hour bug - pretty sure I caught it down at the doctors' clinic - what fun - I felt gross yesteday with a sore throat and runny nose and achey muscles - so I took it easy and drank fruit juice with honey and had chicken noodle soup and whatever homey little things help - and woke up feeling totalled but as the day passes things are clearing up - I am keeping inside out of the brutal weather we have been having too - though the sun is making an effort 

Bad time of year

BlueBay - I thought a lot about the size of onions and the layers and when to stop - I guess it doesn't matter about the size of the onion or the amount of layers - it's how deep life goes regarding traumatic things - and we can the way life hurts us can be profound. I have peeled so much back through my life and know there is the part of the onion when the new plants shoots are and I am sure that for me any further digging around in the past and the onion's new life would be damaged. I have gone far enough. And the past will always hurt - nothing can ever be changed and none of it was my fault.

This is true for you too - the past will always hurt - nothing can ever be changed and none of it your fault.

We can only work on the present and plan for the future - you have enough happening in your life now to work on - I can only wish you the best with that - and you do have a lot of good things in your favour

I had the time to think a lot about that - you are working so hard - I understand that

DecHeart

keep warm and get better soon @Owlunar Heart

Hey @Owlunar 

It's a good achievement getting through as well as you have.  Especially without the clip art.  I had a play around with it and its a bit beyond my skill level I think.  I might need further lessons. 

I hope your feeling better after your bug.  Doctors and hospitals are the worst places to get bugs, they always seem to be extra virulent buggas.  Im fairly lucky and seem to have a reasonable immune system, it might be due to the times I have had on public transport.  I had the sniffles a bit yesterday, but, seem to be over it now.

The support and kindness of people here is pretty amazing.

Weather for me is mizzly and the sun is making absolutely no effort to show its face today.  I've managed to get a few quick walks in anyway which has been nice.  Apparantly its going to be this way all week and into the weekend. 

I can relate to having things in the past that hurt.  I'm finding it diffucult to let go and move on.  In my case some of it was my fault. I could of things better or differently.  The main thing I struggle wth is people's perceptions.  Feel like I need to move away from the place I grew up and community to escape everything.  It's nearly impossible as I want to support my parents and they aren't going anywhere.  Work feels like a drag, but, I can't afford to take more leave or sickies.

Have to appreciate what I have and work on what I can do moving forward.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance