Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder care plan

hey @The-red-centaur 

Never knew Medicare offered such things, it sounds like a good idea,

but it sure is complicated. I read the first paragraph of it but then just glanced at the rest, as it got too overwelming for me.

But the good news is, it is covered by Medicare, it says

"Fee: $72.85 Benefit: 100% = $72.85"

Also, you'll need to do a questionaire. 

This is a link to the questionaire (Link).

Personally, I'd try and get someone to go through ithe questionaire with me.

It sounds like a good idea though.

It says it gives you a goal, which is good, I think.

Hope you go and ask about it at least, good luck.

@NNY drs here cost $130 and above for the consultation 😞 and dieticians and psychologist are even more expensive. There's no bulk billing in Tasmania.

@The-red-centaur 

What the !!??

You have to be joking!!

I've never paid for a doctor, ever. But I've always earned less than the minimum wage though, maybe that is why. But still, that is really unfair!

Even my dentist gives me a discount.

Plus $130 is way too expensive!

@NNY the Tassie health system is stipyd I'm on pension and still pay that. I have to have double appointment coz I need the plan and a few other needs. Normal consult is still over $80. You get medicare rebate AFTER you pay but still out if pocket like $40 and you need money upfront. My old GP was even more expensive, I got a new one last week.

I'm so stressed...I tried calling butterfly a few times but couldn't get through. I don't know if I can do this.

@greenpea this is one of the things getting to me. I don't know if I can go through with it now.

@The-red-centaur  let me have a quick read through it xx

@The-red-centaur imho you shouldnt have been let out of hospital without followup help with your eating. Is there anyone who you can go to for help regarding this? If possible a gp although I am shocked there is no bulk billing on Tassie :o!

@greenpea the hospital said they couldn't help me coz there's no ED support for adults in Tassie. They said I had to go through my GP.

I'm meant to be seeing my GP today about this.....I'm just too scared now. I'm too fat for them to worry.

@The-red-centaur  I am going to see my gp today and dont want to go want to stay under my covers too. If you see your gp I will go and see mine 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance