Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

Eating disorder care plan

Does anyone have any experience with the new Medicare eating disorder care plan. 

I'm considering getting one but don't understand it. 

34 REPLIES 34

Re: Eating disorder care plan

I feel like my eating disorder is killing me I don't know what to do.

Hey @The-red-centaur

Agh, I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. I really get you, and I know how frustrating it can be. I looked at this the other day, and found it to be quite limiting in the criteria for acquiring one.
But my best suggestion would be to see your GP, and talk to them about your concerns. I know it can be really hard, but if you're able to raise it with them, they should be able to talk you through it and help you figure out whether you will qualify, and what the best course of action is. The worst case is maybe that you get a mental health care plan, or are able to be assisted by your GP to monitor your progress.
My only other thought is that you could contact the Butterfly Foundation for some advice on how it all works. I'm pretty sure they have an online chat that operates through the evenings.

Thinking of you.

rye x

Hi @The-red-centaur 

i would start with your doctor. They will be able to give you the plan. 
Good luck xx

@BlueBay @rye
I've decided I'm going to see my GP tomorrow about this. I'm terrified. Idk if I can do it.
What if I'm not eligible. What if she thinks I'm too fat.

Good on you @The-red-centaur I'm sure you'll be ok snd your doctor gives you the care plan. 

are you in hodpital or out ?

been thinking about you xx

@BlueBay I got out of hospital 8 days ago. I ended up in emergency overnight in Thursday though.

Glad to hear you got out @The-red-centaur are you ok?

@BlueBay idk I'm scared.

Well I'm sending you best wishes for tomorrow @The-red-centaur 

let me know how you go 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance