Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Yes, I thought your mistake was hilarious 😄

Tomorrow I need to face up to changing my ancient old computer over to the new one. I've been putting it off for the last few years. I have the new computer here, I just got it about 2 weeks ago, but haven't been able to face setting it up. I need to back up all my old computer stuff first, too, and I'm not very technological. Plus I need to do some tidying of the house, as I got hardly anything done this weekend as I needed a slower weekend. 

What do you have on for tomorrow, @outlander ? I know it's school holidays...which means more responsibility for you I think, unfortunately? 

@NatureLover 😏

i hope the new computer is easy for you to use. i havent upgraded for a few years (party cause i had it on a payment plan set up) but im quite happy with my laptop. its up to date with most things and has everything i need/use so im all good with that.

have you got anyone that could help you back up your things on your current computer and set up the new one if you need?

i have a bigger day tomorrow. i start at 7am to feed 3 horses, then after that 4 horses for the farrier (for thier hooves to be trimmed) and then then kids, ring the tyre place to see when i can get my new tyres on quite urgently, and then in the arvo 5 horses (they only take me half hour though and its only chucking some feed over the fence to them) so its abit of a busy day here.

@outlander wrote:
i have a bigger day tomorrow. i start at 7am to feed 3 horses, then after that 4 horses for the farrier (for thier hooves to be trimmed) and then then kids, ring the tyre place to see when i can get my new tyres on quite urgently, and then in the arvo 5 horses (they only take me half hour though and its only chucking some feed over the fence to them) so its abit of a busy day here.

Oh gosh, that's a busy day @outlander ...I hope it all goes smoothly. Especially with horses and kids which I guess are a bit unpredictable!

Yes, I have a friend I can ring to ask for help if I need - thank you, you're always so good with practical help. I'm glad you've got a good technology set-up there. 

yeah it can be all abit unpredicatable @NatureLover my middle sister has 2-4 workdays that ill need to take her to as well (weekends arent confirmed till a few days before) so its quite busy all round most days esp since mums work is stupid hours tbh.
im glad youve got a friend to give you a hand if you need. hopefully it wont be too overwhelming though. i have had to have a good set up because of high school then tafe studies and also quite abit of my caring work involves computers and printers to scan paperwork and email people etc so ive had to have something reliable.

I'm glad you've got reliable technology, as you need it for communicating for support as well 🙂 @outlander 

I'm actually pretty overwhelmed by technology, yes, so it could be fun, the next few days! But my ancient computer is really starting to give problems, so it's time to face up to it. 

Good luck with your busy day tomorrow, and with the busy school holidays ❤️

technology can be overwhelming @NatureLover but theres no rush in learning how to use it either. to start with just the basic things like setting up the internet and being able to access that so you can chat here! what would we do without you hey!

@outlander wrote:
...setting up the internet and being able to access that so you can chat here! what would we do without you hey!

Aww, thank you! ❤️ I was thinking the very same thing about you, when you were mentioning your technology set-up before! @outlander 

Juts a quick update here, as I don't want to take up @outlander 's thread again!

I wasn't coping well yesterday but thankfully my nice neighbour helped me tidy, wash down and sweep the outside area. She dealt with the things that I found especially "germy", and I was very grateful. I managed to face up to a lot of scrubbing inside yesterday too. I've had a bad night but am due to do about 3 1/2 hours' work today, then the rental inspection this afternoon. I will be so relieved when it's over and I get the all clear from the real estate agent. It really throws me each time it happens.

Thank you so much for your support, @Former-Member , @Lee82 , @outlander , @Eve7 , @MDT ,  @Snowie  and @Maggie ... I hope you are all doing OK today. I hope to be back on deck this evening. 

@NatureLover  I understand the stress of rental inspections well. I also share your fear of homelessness, having come close a few times.

Thinking of you today, as you finish the rest of your clean up. Once it’s over, I hope you can do something nice for yourself.

Sending lots of 💕💕💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance