Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Exshadows
New Contributor

Anxiety & Stress

Ever since I can remember life has been a constant battle, everytime it seemed like things were going well, I'd come crashing back to reality.

Within 2020 alone We suffered through fires, protests, political fear in relation to China and American, and the current terror that makes me feel imprisoned, Covid.

On top of all these I've been trying to continue my Diploma and continue forward. But unfortunately it seems like my brain is shutting down, and Im starting to fail me last 2 units of the semester, and I am unable to focus even on basic assessments, just attempting to view my work causes me to feel sick at the moment And my eyes refuse to adjust, the words become illegible, a blur.  Just had another reletive die, that makes 3 in the past 4 months. Have drama occuring at my parents house that I've been dragged into, sister is going through Domestic Family Violence. 

Honestly I just wish everything would stop affecting me so much, the stress headaches are painful, my sleep pattern doesnt exist, and sometimes I would prefer to just disapear. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anxiety & Stress

Hi @Exshadows  

I am sorry to hear things are tough at the moment

hang in there my friend.... we are here for you

Re: Anxiety & Stress

Hi and welcome, @Exshadows ...that doesn't sound good at the moment, what you're going through. 

I'm wondering if you can visit your GP for a medical certificate for special consideration at uni?

@Exshadows wrote:

Honestly I just wish everything would stop affecting me so much, the stress headaches are painful, my sleep pattern doesnt exist, and sometimes I would prefer to just disapear. 

Your GP might also be able to prescribe medication for anxiety, or a referral to a counsellor, which might give you extra support to help you through this time...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance