Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

It gets like that sometimes @MDT Keeping busy does help me when I have the energy to do so. Often when we have been on the go for so long when we get to relax we fall in a heap. A lot of the past few weeks have caught up with me - I will actually be grateful when the school holidays get here so I can try to get on top of things again.

Hope you have a good week too @Meowmy and your MH related appointments are not too hard on you.

good point @Zoe7

Will have to sit with it I guess. Could be worse.

thanks @CheerBear
hope you have had a good weekend mate 🙂

Have you watched your doco @MDT? That might help you ride it out 🙂

It could be worse @MDT you are right there but it doesn't really help right now with those feelings you are sitting with. Smiley Sad

..have a White Russian, dude @MDT 

keeping busy can help @MDT 

yeah I'm just trying to process them @Zoe7

I think they are stress related and work related.

Specifically, work related ones are telling me I don't know what I am doing yet and can't start. Although I did the job relatively unassisted on Wednesday last week. It seems it will be fine tbh. I think it's my tired self taking over my thought process. Making me think something bad will happen when there is virtually NO evidence of that at all.

Stress wise - It's just a new ball game. Money specifically, GFC 2, Affording to move out, who to move out with, on my own? etc etc etc.... the list goes on.

Tbh I found the boss a bit odd. He wasn't exactly helpful, more like he just had to "get the job done". There was a new person on wednesday and tuesday too so at least I wasn't the only new face about.

I do think I will settle into it soon though. Just a time factor really.

Tomorrow I will do the normal process of going a bit earlier to try and get my coffee in during the morning. Something my psych told me can work is normalising behaviours that help you cope - coffee before work starts is an example.

@MDT Hey, Hams, think you are going the right way and doing well. Joining workforce officially is a big step. In that, we often feel anxious and lonely. No one to pamper us there. Not like school or Uni.lol. But you prepare well and managing yourself well. I think we can’t ask for lives without sufferings. But can ask for developing skills to cope with down days. You are on the right track. It will work out well. Take care.

Nah @CheerBear might watch it tonight. I still don't know what "it" is yet though lol. I might've recorded something about Hong Kong but I'm not too sure.

What shows do you like?

i wish haha @TAB lol haven't got the ingredients for that sadly.

Yeah @Meowmy it is a huge step. On Wednesday night I felt good about myself so there is that to remember. Though that may have been because week 1 was done. I imagine that feeling shall return once I get used to my job and the duties it involves. Then I will start to relax I think
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance