Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Yeah @Everan
Just gotta calm down and take it easy.
Visions and fears over the future aren't truth statements after all

Thanks @Everan 🙂
Nice to see you today

Thanks @Meowmy
This too shall pass

Looking for work took up so much of your time @MDT so now it it more about finding ways to occupy that time that works for you. 

thanks @MDT for keeping me in the thread.

One thing i just remembered for me is focus on the breath each breath counts helped alot just lately.

Yeah @Zoe7
It's the better side of a problem to have I guess.

I am seriously considering some sort of creative outlet. Today I am putting together a compost bin with my sister (lol if she gets up soon) and I'm actually looking forward to it. Not because I like compost but because I like making things. It's good to do I find. Building and putting things together. We've already discovered that we need a new towel rack i the bathroom..

Anyway. Gently does it I guess

I am much like you @MDT I like putting things together too. Have  fun getting the compost bin together when your sister gets up lol You have reminded me I need to take some seeds into school tomorrow for a couple of kids whose previous planting of them haven't grown. Better get them out soon and put near the door so I don't forget them Smiley Tongue

Catching ones breathe is crucial @Everan

The other day before work I was out of breath as I was nervous but also exhausted due to lots of walking. I just sat and drank my coffee and focused on breathing. It helped.

I believe in our modern life the pace is too fast. We have to take out time. We are only mortal creatures really

Finances are hit and miss. With my school friends we seem to always be talking about who owes who. It's sort of a meme now. I just brush it off. I've moved on from a lot of the child like dependencies I used to have on such things.
Perhaps now that I have matured I crave more meaningful pursuits and ambitions. So I need to balance that out with small, well intended things @Zoe7

Like a compost bin lol.

We certainly change and grow as we get older @MDT and have to occasionally leave things behind to move onto things that have more meaning for us - that is part of life but good that you recognise what does and does not work for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance