Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: anRe: A long rave

Thanks @MDT  and @NatureLover  for getting it.  Hope today is going smoothly for you both.  Working my way through all the tags atm, but if you want to chat I'm here.

Hey @eth  regarding your question about how long therapy is needed my personal view is this...   My trauma is huge, I couldn't imagine a scenario where I would expect another person to 'recover' from such a trauma,  I would find it reasonable for that person to continue in therapy for most of their life.  I extend that thinking to myself I'm not expecting recovery.   I am hoping for a continued quality of life, to be maintained as a functioning member of society.  And at times I can't even manage to have quality of life and function somehow.    But I do know if I didn't have psychological help I would fall in a heap.

So I keep up the therapy even in the good times and that's when the therapy moves from crisis management to then approaching the trauma itself...  By no means an easy task.

XOXO ANGELS333 

Thanks @Angels333  for your thoughtful reply.  To be honest I feel pretty much the same.  But wasn't able to tell my brother that.  Sometimes I'm not able to be assertive and entirely authentic with him due to expectations of his that I perceive.  In some ways he is quite judgemental and that effects my ability to respond to him.

i dont have much advice @eth but im listening and i read your post. i want to send you some love and hugs 💙💛

Ahh @eth it must be difficult without the understanding from your brother.   I think I have met very few people in my life who truly grasp my situation.   It is hard when you feel judged edit - when you are being judged

XOXO ANGELS333 

Hey @eth 

You seem to have lots going on. Glad to hear the psych is a good fit, always hard to find one we feel comfortable with.

Take care 

I am not strictly a carer either, accHeartording to mr shaz , I am only a wife @eth 

and only a daughter to my mum 

hugs my friend Heart

Much love and hugs to you @eth Heart

Oh no @eth  more housing. Sorry they are making it so hard. 💞💞

I hope the good vibes continue with your new psych. 🤞🤞🤞

You sound like you are enjoying some crafty time. Mixed mediums. I will look it us. Sounds interesting.

Sorry about bro. It must make living so close very hard at times.

Enjoy your evening. 💙💜💞

@eth 

Heart

I am enjoying the unleashed women and their art, and hearing about you enjoying it.  Thats good enough for me, as I gave most of my arts supplies away to a homeless person who only had paper and pencils.

Smiley Happy

Your question about the length of therapy is important.  From the clinet's POV it may look different from govt which was pushing short term CBT for a while, but honestly for significant trauma it just does not cut it.

I really like the way you answered it @Angels333

Heart

I have hoped to work on trauma and consequences but so far no luck.  They dont listen well enough, they muddle up important facts which show how much they have not listened ... eth ... maybe your pleasant surprise at having a good fit with new psych will eventually encourage me to have another go, but am settling with what is working at the moment.  Have decided to look for another cleaner.  As my spt wkr says I should not have to listen to racist comments like ..."there is no reason any Australian cant have a job" etc and mucking around re times and aggressive interpersonal style. 

It is weird I am slowly building on the sense that I have a right to live, without destroying myself, only sliding back 2 out of 3 steps.  Picking up and moving fwd.

Had hour long rave with son on phone tonight.

Hugs @Maggie @Zoe7 @outlander 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance