Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@saltandpepper how are you finding your way around the forums atm?

Thanks @greenpea I so want to have Good News to share.

So if I come up with some more, I'll mention it....

Adge

Just keep swimming... | Funny quotes, Funny pictures, Calm ...

Excellent and timely news @Adge  I'm really happy for you Smiley Happy

Hi and good morning to all here and passing by today.

@Mazarita @TAB @Adge @outlander @greenpea @Angels333 @CheerBear @Maggie @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Exoplanet @Shaz51 @MDT @nashy  and all those I've inadvertently missed tagging this morning.

It's clear that a lot of us are being much more challenged by what life's throwing at us at the moment (Adge and Angels I'm feeling you).  So many unforseen details to work around or fit into our lives.  Sending all my support to everyone on this.  

I've been having more anxieties again too.  Seems to come in waves (seeing that for other people too)  - sometimes a day or 2 of feeling somewhat adapted to total social withdrawal, finding positive things to do etc, then a few days of being down and worried about all that's happening.  

For me probably one of the biggest concerns and source of anxiety is about my psychologist being out of action from a couple of weeks from now.  I've seen her most weeks for nearly 3 years.  She's been too sick to do our last 2 appointments.  At least she's supposed to be doing an extra session with me on Sunday.  On top of knowing I'm going to have huge withdrawal process once she finishes (maternity leave for 6-9 months she says but it's more obvious than ever that things can change unpredictably atm), I'm also worried that she hasn't yet found a replacement for me and there's also a report for public housing application that I've been chasing for several weeks, plus she has said she'd do a detailed report to the new person including trauma history and EMDR that we've done so that I don't have to start completely from scratch with the replacement.  Loosing hope that these things will be done before she goes.  My psychiatrist said that she heard from the psychologist a few names that they agreed on and that the psychologist will email them to me but that hasn't happened yet. 

So that's pretty much my rave for today.

At least I got out for a long walk at the beach on the breakwall yesterday afternoon with bro, sil and the dog.  It was so good to be out in the elements again.  Too rare.

Also cooked for all of us last night.  Potato and leek soup with gremolata (parsley, lemon rind and juice, garlic, parmesan) and garlic bread.  It was yummy.

Hang in there everyone - we're all in this together.  Take care and stay kind xx

Thanks & Good morning @eth

It's gona be a hot one here today, apparently...

Adge

Very cool and rainy here @Adge   Do you have plans for today? 

I'm working on developing and sticking (loosely) to a daily routine schedule.  But not giving myself a hard time about things I don't do.  Both my psychiatrist and support worker talked about this with me this week.

and getting hotter next couple days @Adge  Hope things go okay with psych and that people dont fall through the cracks of govts new found largesse .. I am actually better off. as on newstart. it wont last tho. 

Wondering if anyone feels like talking about what Easter means to them ...?

This sums it up for me :  The exact origins of Easter are unknown, but some sources believe that the word “Easter” is taken from the Teutonic goddess of fertility and spring – Eostre. ... The Pagan ritual of the Spring Equinox is a celebration of renewed life and the change that comes with spring.  (Except it's Autumn here!)

This kind of explains to me why eggs are such a symbol for Easter - the potential of new life.  Wouldn't it be amazing if there was new life on earth after this period of withdrawal passes.

SO much still up in the air for you @eth I hope your replacement psych is sorted soon and you csn feel a little more relaxed about the changes to come. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance