Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Top 40 Funny animal picture quotes – Quotes Words SayingsGee I wish I had this problem....

Best 25+ Cats funny sayings ideas on Pinterest | Funny cat ...

Funny animals and funny sayings ~ Funny images and Jokes@greenpea @Former-Member Should I try this?....

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

No @Adge, but it's cute lol

@Adge  Awww that is adorable and couldnt hurt :Dxx

👋 all

A special hi to @Mazarita. Not sure if you're still getting notifications but I'll cross fingers. I've been thinking of heaps, hoping you're doing well. Mega love ❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

@eth 

Ask yourself whats the key to breaking the cycles

Was it recognition, a conscious thing?

Self care meditation, exercise, creative hobbies, gardening, singing, taking complete time out to do nothing but observe how u feel.

Writing lists of what u want, a safe home, friends i can trust, a support person i resonate with, a medical team i have faith in

Good morning all.  Hope it's starting positively for everyone here and has some promise in it.  May it be one of the better ones.  @Former-Member @CheerBear @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Angels333 @MDT @Maggie @outlander @Gazza75 @Sans911 @Former-Member @cutiepiekitty @oceangirl @Zoe7 @simontemplar @Adge @Meowmy  and anyone else passing by.

Hi @Former-Member  Sounds like your weekend was pretty nice - yes going to the beach in northern climes is a whole other thing - I lived up in the top end near Darwin for 16 years before moving here to the Hunter region.  2 1/2 years here now and the water is still too cold for me!  But the surf is beautiful and it's great to be able to hang out on the beach, walk at the waters edge etc without the fear of crocodiles like there are everywhere where I was before.  Plus down here there is no stinger season, which you might still have where you are now.  In the tropics it's definitely easier to function efficiently if you live like a Mexican i.e. get all your chores done either early in the day or in the evening when it cools down, and really conserve energy and even nap if you can during the peak heat times.  I managed to live up there without using my air conditioner more than a few days a year.  I do believe in acclimatising to where you live as much as possible.

Thanks for all your suggestions - we must think alike because everything you mention is already on my list!  It's great to see you also have a wide variety of self-nurturing activities.  That really makes a difference to the worse days and getting through difficult times - as I say, often it's one hour at a time, not even one day.

Hope your week shapes up well for you.

Hope you had a lovely walk @greenpea   One of these days I'll feel safe enough to start walking alone again.  I don't know anyone local to go with.

@cutiepiekitty  well done writing and sending your letter.  If you don't get a timely response to it I would forward a copy of it to the CEO as well.  With my support organisation these days I compose my emails with my support worker and she then forwards it to both my coordinator of supports and the manager of the office.  Since things have been going to the manager as well I am getting much more rapid action from the coordinator, and also having my needs met better by the support worker's team leader.  And there is also a paper trail.  I hate that I have to have a strategy to deal with all this and the feeling that they have some power over my life, despite the fact that ultimately I am a customer and their organisation wouldn't survive without customers.

@Faith-and-Hope  I really hope things went ok for Mr yesterday and that any news means him getting more responsible for his lifestyle and thus some relief for you.  You certainly deserve some relief.  Hope uni is going well for you.

LOL @Adge  I love your pictures.  Especially the one about practising kisses!  When I was about 12 I used to pash a poster of Les from the Bay City Rollers!!!!! How's that for a confession ?!

Hi @outlander  really hope your pain has settled down and you're starting to feel like recovery is happening.  And some relief now that it's been dealt with.

Cheers everyone and take care.

Another day at home for me and finally starting to feel a bit refreshed from so much rest since the kids left.  Plus the back pain I had from so much baby lifting (about 20kg now) has settled down to , which helps a lot.  Caught up on chores yesterday so today will hope to get banking done and perhaps some bridge practice.  Feeling organised for the presentation about recognition and recovery from abuse with the womens group on Thursday.  The guest speaker we had organised has cancelled so I'll be presenting for longer, but that feels ok.  I'm condensing an 8 week course I did into 1 1/2 hour presentation - quite a challenge.  And also going to stress to the group that the session is about education, not therapy.  Will give referral information to them at the end of the session and do a relaxation and grounding exercise to close.   One of the challenges of doing it is that about half the group are low vision or blind, so I can't just hand out photocopied diagrams etc.   Not sure of the best way to deal with that but have asked for advice from the group about what they need.  
This feels like another major step into peer support work and I really hope I handle it well on the day.  Lots of potential for nerves etc which is why I'm trying to be really organised in advance.

Morning @eth 

Apparently the tests came back clear on the issue he went in with - I heard from one of the kids.  He is barely communicating with me.  We had words yesterday over something he had done that was inappropriate and upsetting, so this is his response.

@eth have a good day.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance