Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hey Forum People - I am new here. I’m a middle aged, cis gendered woman, living with PTSD and am about a year into CPT treatment and recently doing more PE therapy. It’s really hard/unsettling. I thought I was pretty expert at the whole trauma thing, but in the last 24 hours have remembered something completely knew. It surprises me. So I guess I’m looking for others who are living with PTSD and trauma who have similar experiences? I feel pretty disconnected with all this going on in my head, while life continues on around me, seemingly unaware. Hope you’re all doing okay. M

Hey @Memory ,

Welcome to the forums! 

It's so good you are able to reach out. I can relate to trauma and handling PTSD. 

For me, I was really good, and then, during a stressful time, I started to get flashbacks. And it was years after the incidents. I haven't had those flashbacks in over 5 years.

Is this a particularly stressful time for you? Do you have supports you can reach out to?

We are so glad to have you with us. 

Hope to hear from you shortly.

Hi, I'm a 22 year old woman who has suffered from depression/mood swings, gender dysphoria, and occasional psychosis all of her life. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with me. Fun fact about me: I was born and raised in LA, to an Australian mother.

Oh yeah I also have CPTSD.

Hi

I am a 73 year old female who has lived alone for 25 years since my son went to uni.  

My life has been easier since I started taking antidepressants.  I know it is genetic because my son inherited it also.  However the sexual abuse by my father has had enormous, detrimental impact on me and my ability to trust and form intimate relationships.  My isolation is increasing as even loved ones like my daughter and sister find me "too annoying" to deal with.  If I did not have a computer and the internet I would find life too hard.

I have been searching for a safe forum to join and this seems perfect.

Hello and welcome @Memory , @therealcrumbles , @Zoe73 ðŸ™‚

Letting you know that you are not alone my friends 

@Tilz , @PinkFlamingo , @tyme 

hi @Zoe73  You are not at all alone Zoe. we are holding hands with you. How are you?? How is the day going?

Hey there @Memory @therealcrumbles @Zoe73 ðŸ™‚

Welcome to the forums!

Im PinkFlamingo, Peer Guide Volunteer 🙂

There's lots of empathy, connection and care here, feel free to leave us a post anytime - just use the '@' before a username, and the forum will send a notification 🙂

I have lived experience with anxiety, cPTSD, and social phobia, as well as DV, and living with chronic physical health conditions, and I try to have an approach of positivity and resilience most days, when I can 🙂

Take good care, and looking forward to reading your posts when ready ðŸŒº

Thank you so much.  Just finding this safe forum has lifted my spirits.  If I can share, I feel a lot better.  Today started well with my favourite tennis player winning.  He is such a lovely young man.  I have 7 grandsons and I would adopt him in a flash.

I had a bad fall over the weekend on cement so I was feeling very sore and sorry for myself yesterday.  No one came to my aid so no embarrassment suffered.  
My two sisters, 82 $ nearly 80 were able to visit this weekend so that was lovely to know.
I hope you all had a lovely Easter.

Hey @Zoe73 ,

Welcome to the forums. What are some things you are interested in? I may be able to direct you to some threads of interest.

We look forward to getting to know you and hopefully, you find comfort and connection on the forums.

If you want, I can also create a thread for you. e.g. I can name is "Support for Zoe73" if you want.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance