Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Trying makes it worse

@Appleblossom thank u. It feels good to have understanding.

I feel like trust in mh services is hard, and it can be OK to as u said take the time and reserve full trust for those who demonstrate they care.

I think I saw u shared somewhere the work of Simon katterl? I was reading about him today.

Thanks for sharing, I know what u mean about the big sis role...

I thought it was interesting how he rewrote the story in his head to make it all his fault. I have done that too, punished myself for my own role in traumatic events. It was interesting to see him work through it. Xxx

Hi @maddison how are u??

I'm glad the meds helped, in my experience meds helped in crises with just that, getting sleep. 

I am struggling a lot lately with trust, I observe myself and feel pain that I can't feel more close to ppl and also let them in.

My Dr told me that he had advocated behind the scenes but I truly thought he was just saying that to be nice, I didn't believe him, as the situation didn't show signs of changing.

Now I realise it was that they ignored and filtered his requests for help, refusing them. I know, because they have done this to me.

Series are good, are u watching anything good? I have a few on rotation.

My brain feels a bit broken, repeat on anxious thoughts.

In dbt group we learnt about cold showers, cold compresses, ice water as a way to calm down. I think it's a bit kitschy but I found it calming. Xxx 

@EternalFlower 

Feeling it is important that you keep the faith of @EternalFlower 

@maddison  Glad your housemate responded to meds and escalation in services was not necessary.

@Rhye I resonate strongly with the Franciscan spirituality or charism.  

Today, I am feeling more optimistic about trust and about church.  I actually went today on a last minute inclination after being ambivalent and booking something else, local community, but getting the timing wrong, and hey I was all dressed up Sunday morning and needed somewhere to go.  I had a good experience, at least I hope it remains a good experience cos my BS filter was off and I went blab.  I hope there are no bad consequences, but at least it was good to just be me.  The minister and the church organist were good.  See what happens next.  I am trying to "tune into myself" more and not pushing any future plans.  Day at a time.

This week I also had a good experience with my NDIS support co-ordinator. We went for coffee after planning meeting and connected really well after a ho hum, and up and down few years.  Maybe I just have to face that relationships take time and to give them plenty of time.  Then went to beach for a walk and a weed. Cant help meself. I see that canola ... Out it comes.

Gently Bently

Apple

A “weed”? @Appleblossom 

Yellow flowers on the canola roundup ready weed that has taken over all our community and public spaces just beg to me "Pull me out". @tyme Its probably a losing battle, but thats life....

LOL! 

Or so I thought! Let's just say, every bit counts. You're doing your part @Appleblossom .

If everyone pulled out and or too, things would be different.

Then again, I'm least likely to do any weeding.

tyme

Hello @tyme , @EternalFlower , @Appleblossom , @maddison   @Rhye 

Very interesting xxx

Sending you lots of hugs ❤❤❤

Hi @Appleblossom nice to hear u had some progress with the ndis worker, sounds nice.

I was triggered badly today boo, it will take a day or two to come back down. But it's ok.

I have been using the TIPP skills to calm myself.

Helpful !

I love Ur sign off, gently Bently ....

I saw my gp today as my wrist is playing up, a tendon, ouch......the gp was very mocking and not supportive of prp, which he said is overpriced....so it's hand exercises I think....

Ohh hugs @EternalFlower ❤❤

lol thanks @tyme 

@EternalFlower not good about your wrist and tendon.  

I have had a bit of experience with my right wrist. Cos of years of issues with that and my spine I am wary of most treatments that are not rest, stretch or careful exercise. Relearn the behaviours that may have caused the tear.  Was he mocking of the prp or you?

Wrists are essential and often over used or damaged.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance