Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Paul22
Casual Contributor

Living (with mental illness)

I've deleted my post for now, as I can't seem to have it removed.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Living (with mental illness)

Welcome and thank you for sharing your experience @Paul22 so others feel less alone. Wishing you all the best.

Hi @Paul22 thanks for reaching out the SANE community! 

It's so important to get a feeling for your mental health condition and what that looks like, this is a great skill to work on and develop and this can be explored personally or in therapy.

It can be challenging when our partners take things personally, have you explained to your partner now why you acted the way you did and how you were feeling in that moment? Have you asked how they felt during the experience? 

Thanks for the encouragement 😊

Yes, I was able to explain how I felt to my partner and after reading to her some info about my condition she was very understanding.

She also told me how she felt during it.

We both learnt about it, most importantly we talked openly (after it had passed) so in that regard it was positive.

I decided to delete my original post, I get very paranoid sometimes, and after posting was told not to use my real name, but it seemed strange as if this were something to be embarrassed about...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance