Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What it's really like to live with schizophrenia // Tues 22 May, 7pm AEDT

Hi @zandibrot,

Thanks for sharing this book idea! I am sorry you have encountered such challenges. We also did a Topic Tuesday event last week that you might find useful to read through later around hearing voices here

Re: Topic Tuesday // What it's really like to live with schizophrenia // Tues 22 May, 7pm AEDT

@Helen26 making you sh.

@mrsboots

a delusiuon is that real. you tend to believe it totally. it feels like your reality.

I agree @Sandy1 , self care for carers is very important Smiley Happy

I am glad to hear you have found hope, meaning and purpose. Diagnosis of any illness does not diminish our worth and we all we have to offer. 

So as @Sandy1 has mentioned as the next discussion point around loss of identity and hope - how have you experienced this with your loved one? And what have you found to be helpful in restoring their sense of purpose?

Thank you Sandy. x

@Helen26

thanks helen. It's been a bonus to find hope etc when all seemed lost. and doing things like this gives a purpose and a chance to connect with others.

@Sandy1 I havent reached that point yet. My son is still struggling as I am with the diagnosis.

I'm curious @Sandy1 - from your experience, did it take you a while to restore your identity?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance