Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Employment and Mental Health // Tues 8th June, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

No I have Not felt either Safe enough or Supported enough - In Any Workplace, to Disclose MH issues.

I've been in the Workforce for over 30 years.

I have Complex PTSD.

I have support Co-Workers (fellow-staff), on many occasions - When they Disclosed their MH issues or struggles to me.

I suggested Resources & Contacts - To help them to gain support.

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // Employment and Mental Health // Tues 8th June, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

By having a mental health day it gives you time out. A bit if self care. But I would feel guilty in doing it @Daisydreamer @Ultravox 

except on day 2 of my new job I was so overwhelmed that I woke up snd couldn't stop crying so I did stsy hime. 

Good on you for holding your ground @chibam 🙂 What were your thoughts about @Ultravox 's comment about career advisors and services that can support to find work that you would be interested to do that is meaningful for you?

I believe MH days are important for all, regardless of mi status. It would be awesome if some sick leave days were allocated as MH days. I tend to take a MH under the guise of a physical sick day as I don't feel comfortable enough with the work culture to call it out. 

That's great @Zoe7 

@BlueBay wrote:

I still feel there is so much stigma with mentsl health in the workplace. @Daisydreamer @Ultravox 

Very true @BlueBay, there are still so many workplaces that have a long way to go

@Daisydreamer@Ultravox 

that is one thing that is good about being self employed and not overbooked is  that we are able to rebook if like yesterday my mr shaz fell asleep after lunch and slept for the whole afternoon so i am able to rebook later this week 

and i am also a care for my elderly mum which sometimes makes it tricky 

When I had a friend suddenly die last year I took a week off for my mental health - it was not just supported but encouraged by the leaders in our school. I disclosed I was severely struggling with it all and in order to not go backwards with my MH recovery I needed some time. I really am in a great environment though to be able to do that with no questions asked ...just support.

@Former-Member wrote:

I believe MH days are important for all, regardless of mi status. It would be awesome if some sick leave days were allocated as MH days. I tend to take a MH under the guise of a physical sick day as I don't feel comfortable enough with the work culture to call it out. 

Completely agree @Former-Member, mental health days are important for everyone and can help to maintain wellbeing. I was speaking with someone recently who reminded me that we can also let empolyers know we are off sick without having to justify what reason the sick leave is for too

Self employment flexibility sounds like it works really well for you both @Shaz51 which is so great to hear
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance