Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Body Image and Eating Disorders // Tues 28th September, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Thanks @Daisydreamer Smiley Happy

Hi everyone, my name is Sarah and I am joining you from Boon Wurrung land in Melbourne this evening.  A little bit about me – I am a Peer Ambassador with SANE and have been for 3 years (gosh – time flies!) Part of my own lived experience with mental ill health includes eating disorders and body image concerns so tonight’s Topic Tuesday is one that I am very passionate about. I am really looking forward to our discussion and I hope that throughout we can debunk some myths about eating disorders, chat about ways we can promote positive body image and discuss options if you are ready to reach out for support.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Body Image and Eating Disorders // Tues 28th September, 7:00-8:30PM AEST

Hi @SarahBee @Daisydreamer  I'm very interested tonight's topic. I suffer from body image znd bingeing. 

Oh wow 3 years with the Peer Ambassador Program 🙂 SANE are so lucky to have on board!

Really looking forward to sharing this journey with you tonight and hearing your insights from experience

Hi @BlueBay@Emelia8  , @Millieme@RedHorse! Welcome to the discussion Smiley Very Happy

Hi @cloudcore 👋 

We might get started with our first question for tonight 🙂

Question 1 for both @SarahBee and the forums community:
What has been your journey with eating disorders and seeking help?

Welcome @BlueBay, really glad you could be here tonight!

How do i connect to it

Welcome @TAB 🙂 Great to see you here too!

My journey has been thst I'm just recently told myy the psych  she is aware of my bingeing. I feel too ashamed and embarrassed to let others know. Doing this really makes me hate myself snd my body. 
@Daisydreamer @cloudcore 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance